Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: And then there's this 80 year old man in a wheelchair.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: And then there's this monkey master

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    After reading the coverage provided I came to a starteling conclusion: this man is being sentenced to death in prison for being a preacher. He was let off the hook for being a man of God fourty years ago while his accomplises served much much smaller terms of incarceration. He was part of a group that was much larger then than now, back then whites in the south that weren't in the KKK were alienated and persecuted just badly as African Americans. He was then the only one of them to be brought up on state charges and then sentenced to a prison term that equals that of all the others put together. What he did was wrong and I am in no way condonning his actions, however times were different then. Punishments for everyone were considerably smaller than they are now. Is it right to hold a man against current standards for a crime that was commited under different ones. I beleive he made his own kind of peace with this after forty years. I think it's safe to say that most people couldn't live forty years or aproach his age with out comming to terms with what they have done. I beleive that he's being punished more for being let off forty years ago, than for the crimes he commited. I'm sorry all I mean no offense but this is just a point that sticks out to me.
    I heard he is still very much a right-wing extremist. Some people don't come to terms with what they have done because they feel they did the 100% good/right thing.

Newbie Firebomber7 may be famous one day Firebomber7 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hey got the minimum he deserved, he should have been given that sentence when he was young enough for it to matter. with any luck he'll live to be 139.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Even if they beleive it to be the right thing to do they still have to justify their actions to themselves. Thus comming to terms with them one way or the other. Still, I don't think that justice has been served. Either they should give this man the same punishment his cohorts got forty years ago, or they should all be brought up on civil charges at the very least.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

They might as well kill him. Why bother with a "life long" sentence when he's frickin' 80 years old? Or just plain not convict him, or force him to do community service til' he peels over, but this case should have been resolved with some common sense. What's an old fart going to be able to do now? The law is trying to make-up for its failure to convict this man 40 years ago, and as far as I'm concerned, they still failed.

Newbie hellangelx may be famous one day hellangelx may be famous one day
    Thanks

i think son-of-sephieroth is right to hell with bush kill him killlllllllllll himmmmmmm

Newbie oOLittleFairyOo may be famous one day oOLittleFairyOo may be famous one day oOLittleFairyOo's Avatar
    Thanks

why sentence him for 60 years!? hes not even gunna live that much longer! hes 80! who thinks he's gunna live to be 140 years old!?

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

well hes already gonna die in a little while, and hes probably accepted it so we should just do other things like, torture or public humiliation or somthing like that

brauden your horizons people!

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, hey who changes the title? I knew it might offend somebody, and I apologize, but anyone who watches Penn and Teller's show on Showtime (the title of which I won't mention, because it too has an explitive) knows that they use that line for just about everybody. It seemed appropriate for this subject.

Anyway, yes, this case came far too late to have any real signifigance on the guy's life. But at lease they did something. That's better than nothing. The families can have closure, and even though Killen is 80, he probably won't be able to die like he wanted to, in the comfort of his own home (I would assume). There's also the real possibility that he'll get killed by an inmate, depending on what kind of prison he goes to, and if they want to put him in special protection to keep that feom happening. I'm not saying that would be right, but in the words of Chris Rock, I understand.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast