Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: There, They're and their

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I will not make a fool of myself to speak my stand. Everyone here is at or over 13, therefore, if they didn't figure it out in school by now, chances are they don't care or will never figure it out. And even then, there will always be mistakes.

There, I'm done. Say what you want, this thread IS worthless.
    Actually and as a matter of fact...it isnt worthless..do u think that since you know english that people in foreign countries do? I mean...this site isnt open just to the Americas where english is probably the most known language..this is a site that serves people all over the world..and i dont think that everyone in the world knows all about the language..so in other words..this thread is not useless..its more usefull to those who dont speak english..for those who do...well maybe, maybe not

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    It may not be the most spoken language in the world, but it probaly is on the internet. and besides, if you want to learn english, you DON'T wanna learn it here, becuz a majority of us can't type perfectly anyway.( yes I among them.)

That's what the classroom and online lessons are for. Sidenote_ When I made that remark Boo, this was in the Plush room, and I personally didn't appreciate it. Please excuse my arguemental attitude today, but I don't think it his or anybody's place to be correcting others english speaking or not, on their ability to write, type, speak it whatever.

I'm just making my stand.

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    It may not be the most spoken language in the world, but it probaly is on the internet. and besides, if you want to learn english, you DON'T wanna learn it here, becuz a majority of us can't type perfectly anyway.( yes I among them.)

That's what the classroom and online lessons are for. Sidenote_ When I made that remark Boo, this was in the Plush room, and I personally didn't appreciate it. Please excuse my arguemental attitude today, but I don't think it his or anybody's place to be correcting others english speaking or not, on their ability to write, type, speak it whatever.

I'm just making my stand.
    Dark, have you ever tried to learn another language? The best situations are in public or social situations where you actually experience the language and its MEANING. Places like this you can both practice that and proper usage.

My goal wasn't to belittle anyone. I didnt name anyone or any group. From watching these and other forums it's obvious that people aren't just lazy, they don't seem to know there is a difference. There were no specifcs to who this was aimed at.

Also, if it isn't anybody's place to correct it than who gives the right for teachers? Spell checkers? Editors? C'mon, be reasonable.

In any case, originally I felt you had somewhat of a point. Now you just seem hell bent on people trying to be helpful.

If a mod is reading this, I feel the topic is ready to be closed. Thanks

[J]

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    As you wish Jao... Topic Closed...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4