Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are they banning anime?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid
    Yeah, um....but I heard things last year too, like beetween the teachers and parents of my old school, they were talking about banning anime.....or something like that, I mean all the teachers at my school like anime and one of them said they read online about people making a survey on banning anime.
    Geez, this is old news, way old!! I saw that survey thing your talking about!! It was made by a christian group!!! Its just considered a joke though!!

Like LenMiyata said, they have a petition to ban anything out there...lol
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jan 27, 2005 at 12:27 AM.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Petition.com is the largest source of internet hilarity out there. Hours of entertainment.
    This rumour of anime being banned is all pish-posh.... there's no way a couple of silly internet petitions will ban something as hugely popular world wide as Anime.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Roflmao this is fare to funny, anime is always trying to get banned and so are movies if i recall correctly Battle royale wasnt released in the US because of all the high school killings they have over there.

Most of the people that try to ban movies, games and anime are people who know nothing about them like house wifes, lawyers, the elderly and lets not forget religious groups (Sigh)

They tried to ban games like grand theft auto did that happen no. why is that then because the games industry makes more money than the music and film industry combined thats why the government needs there taxes and vat so as fare as games are concerned were not.

Anime banned i am sure there are a few that got banned especiall here in the UK because of a Fashest organisation know as "The british Board Of Film Cerfication" aka the BBFC, they either ban or censore/cut anime badly! this organisation ruins almost everything that gets released here in the UK so im forced to import from either japan or america

As for the religious organisations well if i recall some prist tried to ban condoms because he clained they spread hiv and aids but he had no proof but he said he has faith (Lmao) and i remember someone told me over in america they have a religion about "Spong bob square pants" (i would say this was funny but its just scary)
    People still dont realise that religion as a method of controlling sociatly created by the egyptian people years ago....this mislead indevidals should just shut up and stay out of our business.Jan
    Last edited by GamesTesterJan; Jan 27, 2005 at 03:38 AM.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Anime? Banned? Nonsense. If anything more people are starting to read and watch the stuff.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Haha, well even if those rumors are true it would never happen.

They can't ban anime because they believe it induces violent tendencies or what have you. I mean people speak out about the tv shows we watch, and the videogames we play, and the movies that we watch.

Yet despite their uproar we still have them, and they're getting even more sexual and violent. It's mostly the older generations, no offense to those who are older than I, obviously if you're in this forum your against the ban of anime, haha. But it's just people being afraid of change, and so once they become unable to cause such a problem anymore then the younger generations will take over and bring their own values and interests with them. So in the end these talks will be thrown out and anime will become a more popular thing in the U.S., but it will take some time.

And I'm only asuming your in the U.S., but I feel it's a safe assumption, haha.
    Last edited by Dragor; Jan 27, 2005 at 07:06 AM.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm... I doubt they're talking about banning anime in general. I mean, how could you ban an entire art form?? It's just incorrect to think that you could ban an art style. What I think is that they want to ban some genras of anime. Such as some hentai and/or "bloody" anime. This would probably be some realistic goal that some organization would go after to "protect futer generations."

But I think that banning any kind of media would be a detrement to this(american) society, because it would go against peoples free rights to do what they want. Living in america for so long, I sometimes forget the importance of such rights, Which those rights would disallow the banning of anime in the US. If it actually went to trial, it would be a very short one in favor of anime. (im quite sure of it)

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah, there will always be people who will try to do stupid shit like banning anime, but hey if thats the way they want to spend their useless and pathetic lives, then so be it, its just like how some christian groups *go figure here* think that Spongebob Squarepants promotes homosexualtiy. *so ****ed up*

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    Even if they (whoever they are) will not have the power to do so. There are too many animelover out in the world. Whichever gorvnment who tries the make a law against anime, they will sure loose all their vote on the next referendom...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast