Thread: thread duration

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks

thread duration

I was wondering if it is the thread maker's responsibility to get his own thread deleted, or is it done by a automatic time program or by the administrater themselves?

If it's done by time, how long are they up there for?

If I have to delete it? how?

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    oro? please clarifythe question. i donot understand...

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    im not pseudo-modding here, but i'll try to answer half the question

no you do not delete the threads yourself, cuz I think only mods/admins have the power

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    I was wondering if it is the thread maker's responsibility to get his own thread deleted, or is it done by a automatic time program or by the administrater themselves?

If it's done by time, how long are they up there for?

If I have to delete it? how?
    There are only three ways in which a thread will be deleted:

1) Thread starter requests the thread's deletion
    2) A moderator/admin feels that the thread is enough of a rules violation to merit deletion
    3) Act of God occurs and database goes to hell.

Other than those three occurrences, a thread never gets deleted. If it looks like a thread has disappeared chances are that it has been moves to another area or it has been pushed off the front page by newer threads. If you feel so inclined, you can even go all the way to the back page of each section and read the first threads from when AO was resurrected.

In the event that you want a thread removed that you've created, you should ask a moderator and we will be happy to oblige.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    oh! i understand now! i think you can also as the thread creator delete the first post thereby deleting the entire thread. not realy sure but i think this works.

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Thnx, I Think I Got It.