Thread: Time to start a to-do list....

Dan
    Newbie Dan may be famous one day Dan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Time to start a to-do list....

Updated 1-31-05

Okay, as far as the gallery goes, give a good idea what would make it easier / what sections should be added? a Category just for Scans, with subsections for?

I will also look into basic updates / the Journal system

I am looking into getting some more games, the arcade is starting to get a bit old? maybe clearing the high scores once a month, so people have a chance?

TOS added to the bottom of the pages

upgrade the forum and gallery software, this will fix two bugs, 1 the pms and other links not working in the gallery, 2 having to log into the gallery, the new gallery software look good / alot of bugs have been worked out.

add the newest messages to the top of all pages in the forums? I guess this was on the old AO, and alot of people liked it.

Need to move the site pretty soon, I say it will be 2-4 weeks, still sorting out the email issues, as the current free email account setup will not work on windows (the new server is windows based) I won't move the site until I know that is worked out, as the last thing we need is alot of pissed off people.

a new design, somewhere down the road.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan; Jan 31, 2005 at 01:15 PM.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm.. New site design would be good

Also maybe a gender hack, so dragon rider will stop talking about it. ummmm... donno anything else?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I would like to see again the 6 latest threads/posts in top of the forum section like we used to have... That way is easier to find the newest posts instead of going section by section....

As for the scans, well we shouldnt go crazy with tons of sections (like one for each series), but mostly female scans, male scans, misc scans, and group scans.... And of course we need to discuss the ecchi factor here (are we going to allow it)...

I don't know if it was done or not, but Kamui give a good point before about AO mentors not passing by the moderation queue, for some reason I don't feel comfortable with that either, so if its still like that... I would recomend to have their images and comments moderated....

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GallComp
    I don't know if it was done or not, but Kamui give a good point before about AO mentors not passing by the moderation queue, for some reason I don't feel comfortable with that either, so if its still like that... I would recomend to have their images and comments moderated....
    Just their images the members don't have their comments modorated well I wouldn't think they would.

I just thought of a few more things reading GallComps post.

If its OK wiith Gig I would like to suggest a rule change. I don't know if Vbulletin has the abillity like Invisionboard where members that misbeheave or act like a mod where that member can be set in Post modoration. Basicly mods would have to approve their posts before being let on to the public

http://www.animegfx.net/forums/index...ounce&f=2&id=1 if you guys want you are more then welcom to use the rules I have made for my site. Yea I know I can be strict XD

Also the sig thing needs to be fixed we have 2 different sig dimentioins one in the upload and one in the rules fixing that will stop any sig conflict so we know what size to allow

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamui Shirou
    Just their images the members don't have their comments modorated well I wouldn't think they would.
    Technically there is a moderation queue for messages as well, In there it is listed all the comments made and we can aprove/delete them.... I visit that often to see what are they posting and if its OK I aprove the messages....

Edit... Oh and as a side note Dan, the links in the gallery page (sample: PM link) don't work, if I get a new PM when I'm in the gallery I have to go back to the forums to be able to read it....

Thanks
    I thought of a few more things that might help out. or might be really cool/needed

How about Mod options in teh quick reply?

Dan
    Newbie Dan may be famous one day Dan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    bump, updated the list, look it over and let me know what you think.

Dan

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The Upload Signature option (UserCP) is still set to 400x200 dimensions, when it should be set to 450x110, as stated in the Forum Rules
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku