Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Travel

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Time Travel

I wanted to discuss about time travel and the benefits and nonbenefits of it.

Now, there are a few theories about time travel. One theory is that if you travel back through time, you will come to an alternate time universe, where things you do in the past will not affect your future at all. A good, simple example of this is when, in DragonballZ, trunks traveled through time to help Goku. Even though he helped, it did not affect his own universe of time.

A second theory on time travel is that if you and your past self meet each other, there will be some kind of chaotic shock, rupturing time and possibly killing both of yourselves and possibly the world. There is also a possibility of you going back just enough in time so that you can get another time travel device, an exact replica of the one you can already have, because it is it, few minutes in the past.

A third theory is that anything you affect in the past, whether crushing a little bug or killing someone, can affect the future greatly. A simple example of this is when Homer Simpson kept going back to the dinosaur period and killing things, constantly affecting the future.

Now, why aren't there actual time machines when we could possibly have the technology to make one? One reason. In my opinion it's because, people are too scared too. If you think of the possibilities and dangers of making one, no one would dare attempt to do it. By dangers, I mean killing people in the past so they won't affect the future, for example, Mr. president Bush. If he was killed, he would never exist thus we lose or have a better president. Or how about this. Say, a woman wins the lottery on a day. But on the same day she actually never won it at all, thus making yourself one of the richest people in the world. The actual power and potential a time machine can hold is extremely dangerous. Men could become like gods in a mere day or two. But there are some good things. For example, saving lives, giving to the needy, stopping some diseases from never existing. You could also meet legendary people, meet Jesus Christ, meet Sidharta Guatama AKA Buddha. You could even stop the death of Christ but when you think about it, would you really want to?

Well, any comments about these theories or my opinion?

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Newbie Moonstruck may be famous one day Moonstruck may be famous one day Moonstruck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally, I believe that we have become so corrupt if we to go back into time we might do something so detrimental to the past it would change the present and future. Like displayed on so many cartoons and movies I really dont think we should stick our noses where they dont belong like time travel and cloning(which is a whole different matter). All in akk I can say time travel would screw us over so much i would rather them stop before they went any further.

Thats my 2 cents

Don't run from him. You'll only give him
    more pleasure.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstruck
    Personally, I believe that we have become so corrupt if we to go back into time we might do something so detrimental to the past it would change the present and future. Like displayed on so many cartoons and movies I really dont think we should stick our noses where they dont belong like time travel and cloning(which is a whole different matter). All in akk I can say time travel would screw us over so much i would rather them stop before they went any further.

Thats my 2 cents

So, Would you call it, and act against God's(referring to christian god or any other religion god) will?

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally if anybody were to actually beable to go back in time, then they or u or w/e can't change time. Cause time has written that you went back in time. So..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeFreaks
    Personally if anybody were to actually beable to go back in time, then they or u or w/e can't change time. Cause time has written that you went back in time. So..

The fact that the past that the person went to the past and it can be re-written or changed is what is scary. Let's say God or a god knows what will happen in your life. Well, what if an individual would go against the act of God and intervene with the pre-destination that was already told of you. Think of something like final destination when they intervened death.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    just thot i throw one of my theory here, if time travel is possible at all it would have been done and since my memory feels the same since last night I would presume that there's no time travel.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    just thot i throw one of my theory here, if time travel is possible at all it would have been done and since my memory feels the same since last night I would presume that there's no time travel.

This may sound confusing but, you will have never known about it not even if it affected you, things you experience today will not be known if they are effects of time travel or not. Let's say you had a pet, and it lived for 10 years. Now, let's say you had the same pet, and it died the next day. Since it never lived the 10 years and you never knew it was, your mind won't make a type of strange reaction to it other than feeling sad for its death.

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't think we don't have that technology yet! And if we do, i bet there is already people traveling through time, and we wouldn't know about because as you said (False Truth) it wouldn't affect us and if it did we wouldn't know it.
    Either way, i don't humanity is ready for this kind of power... i don't think we be able to deal with this, withour f*ckin' it up.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast