Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Time Travel

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    nah, i don't think we could or have the tech to do so.
    But maybe we could throw a cheetos at it....
    I personal would rather go into the future, get a floating skateboard, and feed my car bananna peelings.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie frozenwilderness may be famous one day frozenwilderness may be famous one day frozenwilderness's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally I think messing with time is just wrong (if it were possible). If you've ever read "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury, you'll know what I mean.

http://www.sba.muohio.edu/snavely/415/thunder.htm
    Last edited by frozenwilderness; Dec 15, 2004 at 11:21 PM.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Interesting. Ive always had a big facination with time travel and chrono-distortion.... and i have a few theories of my own like for instance....like maybe we create lots of alternate dimensions everyday....meaning, say if you were going to a movie or to a theme park or wherever and at the last minute you decide not to go or something last minute comes up. What wouldve happened if you did go to the movie or park? Perhaps theres 2 seperate fates/timelines to every situation were in all the time.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    if there's time travel, i rather bring some of today's technology back and just live there. I kind of feel I am someone who don't belong to this time

kinda like the old days better

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Such a great concept, time travel. But, unless you can travel faster than the speed of light, it's simply not possible. Read up on the special and general theories of relativity. I really think the science curriculum in schools around the world should be reviewed because there is less and less emphasis on teaching these basic tenets on how our universe works, and it's actually all very simple, provided you have a good teacher. I mean, when high school teachers discuss relatively, all they say is E=mc^2 and most science teachers don't even know what they are talking about! Even in my college physics classes, no formula could ever convince me that nothing travelled faster than the speed of light. But, then I met Alex Look up "Alex Filippenko" on the internet (www.google.com or whathaveyou). Now there's a guy you need to listen to when discussing relativity, time-travel, black holes, and alternate universes--he makes everything crystal clear. He has a series of lectures all about the universe, all in tape/DVD. You will feel better about your own existence in this universe after watching all 16 lectures...I know I did XD

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    Time travel would be interesting to see. But if someone was able to travel in time then what they do in the past or future could have many unknown effects. For example, the game Red Alert, Hitler was killed and the Nazi partty never rose to power. But to counter thise the Russians power was unchecked and became the new superpower that tried to take over the world and Germany became an ally. I dont think time travel is possible yet but will someday.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Time Travel......wooo. I always wonder about it. I think it would be educational, and insane if we could pull it off in the next 10 years.... I doubt that, but hopefully soon. I would love a time machine.... hurray for quantium mechanics...!
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    This is interesting... Time travel... I, for one, am against it. If a "time machine" were ever created, I would do my best to destroy it. Too dangerous. Not for the simple idea of "kill everyone by doing stupid stuff in the past", but for the sheer INFORMATION someone could gain from using a time machine. NOT from the future, but from the past. Think about it. It would start another World War. This time, though, it would involve RELIGIONS. That's all I'm saying. If you can't figure out what I mean, you're beyond help.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast