Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Time Travel

Newbie Brilliant Brunette may be famous one day Brilliant Brunette may be famous one day Brilliant Brunette's Avatar
    Thanks
    Time travel is a hard subject to talk about, because of the uncertainty of it.

If everyone got to go back in time, could they change the future? If they could then everything would constantly be changing, and nothing would ever be the same as it is now.

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks

John Titor

You may or may not have heard of this before or maybe somebody has posted about him, but there is was a man claiming to be from the future a little while back. He went by the name John Titor. My gut-reaction to this was BULLSHIT, but after overviewing everything that he said.... things that he predicted in 2001 have came true in 2003-2004. I have a neutral oppinion about it but i no longer remain skeptic. You can find information about him at:

www.johntitor.com
    http://johntitor.strategicbrains.com/
    http://www.anomalies.net/time_travel/john.html (Pictures)

In one of these sites they have archived posts that he has made.

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ehh..... this goes to Brother: Nice comment about Titor, but... some stuff is a LITTLE questionable.
    First, I would like to say that I'm not nitpicking, and I really don't give a crap about whether or not Titor is real, I just felt like pointing some things out.
    The MAIN thing that hit me rather struck me as either an amazingly stupid mistake, or the guy just had a complete mental breakdown. He offers many CONFLICTING ideas on time travel and the "distortion" that occurs farther you go. First, he says it is like a cone, but later refers to a "rapid drop" that occurs "after about 60 years". The rapid drop can either be interpreted as an exponential growth in unreliability, or a linear growth, which is the only option that supports the next statement: "It changes by about 1% every 60 years".
    That might seem fine and all, but he says later that this time is 2.5% off his. Being a soldier, or whatever, seemingly little mistakes like this mean a LOT. When you're working with single numbers, even DECIMALS are important.
    Alright, now for the other thing that annoys me about him: the whole idea of "I don't expect you to believe me, so there". He refers to his "inability to talk about the science in terms of this world's technology". Also, he holds up the whole "Some things change, like different teams winning different things" like a shield, which annoys me almost as much as people who hold religion in front of them as a (really bad "pun" coming) "holy" shield.
    Sorry for my little rant there, I just hate people and vague stuff like this. I view it like this: either talk SPECIFICALLY, or don't say anything at all. I'm a math person, so I guess this makes some sense. I mean, it would annoy me SO MUCH if someone starts giving me weird, rough answers. I got mad a t my mom a couple of times for stuff like that... hehe
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes, true, Ryke. Though, they are all but theories and his information is left questionable, it doesn't remove the fact that there is a possibility of it being true. I certainly hope not because the things he says will happen are pretty upsetting.

As of now, Time Travel is only proven to work if your going into the future. You are able to achieve this by going at a really high speed close to lightspeed. This was proven with the use of two atomic clocks in which one was placed on earth and one in a plane. The plane was able to achieve high speeds (maybe 5 times the speed of sound) and when landed the atomic clocks were different.

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yeah, I agree with you Brother in that he could be right, but fact is he still hides behind a veil of mysticism. Even if there were no civil war (which he told us about), people would still say something like, "well, it was just that this world is slightly different from his".
    His "predictions" are truly nothing more than people overanalyzing his posts.
    It's like this: My prediction for 2005 is that SOMETHING will happen. There. That's all he's doing.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5