Thread: Tips??

Otaku zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna's Avatar
    Thanks

Tips??

Ive been drawing anime for about 3 years but rarly have time so it would be like 1 and 1/2 years drawing and i barely got Photoshop so I just want to ask if anyone has any tips to give me also im trying to put one of my drawings in this fanart section of this website.

TIPS ANYONE??????

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Tips? Regrding drawing anime charaters?

Well, there are couple of good tutorials around, and it's worth taking a look at those (when you have time ^^).

Well, anyway, when drawing people it's a good idea to start with the basic outline. Get an idea of what you actually want your person to look like, then build on that. Once you have the proportions right, then work on the perspective abit... try out different vantage points maybe?

The key tip is of course to simply practice. I've been trying to draw good looking manga characters for ages, well over 3 years and i'm still finding better ways of doing things. Just experiment with your own style, and see what looks good. It can be disheartening to look at professional work, which is way better than anything even I could do, but that's no reason to give up trying.

Just don't give up. ^^
    Good luck, hope i've helped.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    heres an easy tip that i use. never been to tutorial but draw pencil first and then outline it in nice black ink. i use a pilot g-2 pen for it. (sounds like a special type of pen. really its not. you can find it in walmart). and color ur drawings. it makes the drawings non boring. what would u rather see a plain boring white drawing or a nice colorful drawing.
    Last edited by AnimeFreaks; Jan 06, 2005 at 04:00 PM.

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks
    my tip to you is to TAKE YOUR TIME don't rush it!! it takes me several hours to make a pic (and to be honest they are not that special either).

plan out your pic fist on rough paper, start with the pose then add the clothing, then do a neat version on a new clean sheet... (saves all that rubbing out and making the paper all messy)

And try to shade your picture from left to right (if you're right handed or vica versa if left) this stops you smudging the pic too badly and a gain making a right mess of it! well good luck! (hope what i suggested helps!)

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Like Sib said...

It's good to start off with the main idea of what you want. Try to plan out what you're going to do from the start, it's better to plan then to add as you go, because you might have to redo some stuff otherwise..

I always start out with a plain stick-figurine to give me an idea of the pose I want... From there I'll develop the physique of the character, make the basic human shapes around the head/arms/torso/legs... Still very rough.

After that when I have an idea of what the body looks like. I decide on how the clothing goes... So I draw the clothing outlines over the character, still roughly... No detail at this point...

Once everything is done, I'll start adding facial details and add some detail to other parts of the body, like eye locations/directions, mouth, nose, ears, fingers, toes/shoes, breasts, muscles.

Everything so far, is jsut basic outlines, and positioning.

When you've got it all done, then you can start by detailing every aspect of the pic. It would be easy to use different light colored pencils to draw anime or whatnot. It makes it that much simpler to locate where you are and what you're doing.

When that's all done, you can erase the subtle lines and rough things that you did. Then darken the picture's outlines.

From there, it's your choice, either leave it as it is, or colour it. To colour, I would personally scan it, and use a tool such as Adobe Illustrator to make a vector out of it, and then paint it on the computer (CG).

You can always use traditional colouring methods, like colour pencils, or crayons, or even paint. Pastels are another way to go

And if you want to upload your picture to the fanart section, then go to the Gallery, click on Fanart, then at the top-right you should see "Upload Photos" click on that...

Hope this helps,

Ex-Paranoia