Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: toke (Marijuana, Pro or Con)

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    All smoking is bad for you. People weren't meant to inhale smoke fumes of any kind. [thats why we can't breath in a burning building] -also makes you strange...

So I don't smoke. I don't think that others should, but its their life, body, mind, whatever, so i don't care enough about them to tell them to stop.

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    If we are going to let people drink alcohol, we might as well let them smoke marijuana. There's no use enforcing laws that are going to be broken on such a wide scale that harm only the user directly. I don't smoke marijuana, I just don't like seeing tax money wasted.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Newbie Satsuki may be famous one day Satsuki may be famous one day Satsuki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, I agree. If there are laws against it, it will only be more of a thrill to still use it... they really won't stop everyone from using it anyway. And I say, let people decide for themselves if they want to f-ck up their health, as long as they're not a bother to other people.

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.
    You are what I eat~ +^_~

Newbie obliteration may be famous one day obliteration may be famous one day obliteration's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by asraiwaters
    i know this is a dangerous subject, but i thought id list some facts about marijuana and see how people respond to it.

first of all, marijuana is NOT better for you than tobacco cigarettes. (ps- that rebuttal only works against smokers. non-smokers will just look at you like youre stupid.)

it has 50% more tar in it than cigarettes. (tar coats your lungs, killing the aveoli and making it almost impossible for your body to clean the air you breathe before its sent to your bloodstream)

it causes emphysema much faster than cigarettes does. (emphysema kills your ability to exhale and, in turn, your ability to release CO2 which means its stuck in your body....and thats bad)

it contains 400 chemicals and rises to 2,000 when smoked.

heavy users do experience physiological withdrawl symptoms (ie: headaches, nausea, irritablility, inability to focus, tremors, night sweats, etc.)
    Mind citing your sources?

[ Romans 1:6: And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. ]

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    , I used to be a daily smoker though.. but when I quit smoking ciggerettes, marijauna kinda went along with it.
    same here, once i quit weed i dropped cigs at the same time. Haven't touched either in 2 years now. I know that both aren't good for you by any means but weed wasnt that terrible. And besides, there are FAR worse drugs you could be doing....believe you me.

Newbie ultra-vegeta may be famous one day ultra-vegeta may be famous one day ultra-vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks
    i am 100 percent in favour of marijuana.................. i am a cigarette smoker and a weed toker........ and am currently trying to quit cigarettes but have no intention of quitting smoking weed any time soon........ i think its safer than drinking seeing how you can still function in all effiency unlike alcohol....i love booze to

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_glaive
    If we are going to let people drink alcohol, we might as well let them smoke marijuana. There's no use enforcing laws that are going to be broken on such a wide scale that harm only the user directly.
    And we can't keep people from killing others so I guess we shouldn't have laws against that as well. Sorry I don't buy it.

Anyone that tells you that drug use only affects the user is either someone who uses or is in denial. That's like saying that suicide only affects the person that dies. Until you can live in complete isolation from any other person never seeing, talking, or touching them anything you do will affect others. To refuse to admit that your actions have unintended consequences is both self centered and self absorbed and tends to show an irresponsibillity toward taking responsibility for those same actions and consequences. If you want to know the affect of alcohol or drugs don't ask the users, ask their families, and then tell me if there are no victims.

Now can all of you who are supporting this actually name a 'Pro' since that is the question? I have seen alot of opinion but little facts to back them. Give an actual counter to the 'Cons' and you may be alot more convincing.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    well MJ to me is just as bad as smoking, also it causes alot of stress on a person, I live down the hall from a toker and he is panicking because of a job interview in which he has to get tested and if he doesn't pass he doesn't get a job, the risk sometimes is just not worth. Toking up is just as bad as cigarettes because just like nicotine, the chemical does affect your body whether you know it or not. The users are defending it now because the effects have yet to show themselves but later on in life when a trigger happens, the effects of your toking will show and you will feel bad, its like going out into the sun without sunscreen all your life, sure your fine now, but later on in life you will start to develop skin cancer. Also, I had a cousin who toked up and toking up caused him to start making decisions that he shouldn't have been making, consequently his frequent drug use caused him to die at the early age of 16, so yeah I do have a problem with tokers.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast