Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: toke (Marijuana, Pro or Con)

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyropunker
    I know frequent smokers who can hold a job AND maintain a 4.0 GPA.

Also, Cannabis DOES NOT kill brain cells.

Cannabis does kill brain cells. The toxic from the Marijuana travel through your blood stream into your brain cells and kill them. But yes, I have seen smokers of marijuana get a 4.0 GPA. But that's only so rare.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote from DEA’s chief administrative law judge, Francis L. Young

“Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known."

Might want to check out this site [LINK]

Medical Marijuana has all sorts of benifits, the hemp has been used for thousands of years and is also proven to have been used by the Chinese emperor Shen-nung in his medical book Pen-ts'ao Ching and was mentioned as a medicine in the susruta of India before the 8th century A.D. You can't get any safer than Natural homegrown marijuana. Marijuana is safe. The only bad thing is that it has the potential to be abused. It's the abusers with the problems not the marijuana. Did you know that Opium (the pure THC straight from the plant) is used in a variety of medical drugs for curing numerous ailments? I think it's over exxagerated when stated that it's a Schedule I drug. Most of what we know now about the benifits of marijuana were found out after the Controlled Substance Act.

Edit: The DEA's Administrative Law Judge, Francis Young concluded: "In medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care."

No way can marijuana consumption be a leading cause of death. It's all about the abusers. Hate on them, not the beloved THC.

George Washington used it for toothaches. Queen Victoria used it for menstrual cramps. And in 1996 Brenda Rochford uses marijuana to relieve the chronic pain of a rare, debilitating disease.

Quote Originally Posted by esthered
    Cannabis does kill brain cells.
    You know I heard from somewhere that it is more harmful to breath in the Air from L.A. than to smoke marijuana. I'll have to check the sources and find out where this came from for it to be legit though.

And besides, If we are truly concerned about health here, why don't you debate on the topic of obesity.

And on another note, Is there Anywhere, at anypoint in time where the consumption of marijuana is actually the cause of death? And I'd like actual feed back on this, for I have seen nowhere that Marijuana Consumption kills anyone.
    Last edited by KenX; May 03, 2005 at 02:02 AM.

Newbie Havoktacticalnuke may be famous one day Havoktacticalnuke may be famous one day Havoktacticalnuke's Avatar
    Thanks
    You know what? everything is bad for you if you do it too much, why should the goverment try to ban smoking pot and/or growing it (not that I do either). If I picked up a big piece of tire rubber, stood out on the sidewalk and started trying to smoke it, the cops wouldn't give a shit, even though smocking rubber is definitely bad for you. But If I were to go outside and start smoking a bowl, they would be all over me like flies on shit.
    The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.

I've always been pissed off by this shitty principal. - Tomoko Nomura.

I tore up all the job hunting information magazines and used 'em to wipe my ass... - Eikichi Onizuka.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    here's a fact about cannabis that closes most aguments about it for me, it can cause scitsophrenia, as a sufferer of this mental illness, i deem that cannabis should never be used.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    No, Wait here "deaths_raver667" Cannibus isn't schized based at all. You Cannot get schizophrenia from THC. Seems like you got your schizophrenia from Ecstacy most likely judging by your name, or any other hallucinogens like Shrooms, and/or dopamines like cocaine or speed. Schizophrenia is caused by dopamine imbalances buddy.

schiz·o·phre·ni·a (skts-frn-, -frn-)
    n.

Any of a group of psychotic disorders usually characterized by withdrawal from reality, illogical patterns of thinking, delusions, and hallucinations, and accompanied in varying degrees by other emotional, behavioral, or intellectual disturbances. Schizophrenia is often associated with dopamine imbalances in the brain and defects of the frontal lobe and may have an underlying genetic cause.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sorry KenX but you are wrong. THC can cause temporary Schizophrenia and amoung those who are already Schizophrenic it actually causes an increase in dopamine. A quick google search could have taught you that before you opened your mouth and insulted someone. You owe deaths_raver an apology.

As someone who has had a family member with Bi-Polar Disorder I found your assumption that deaths_raver brought his affliction on himself offensive. Mental disorders are not something to poke fun at or a reason to degrade the person suffering from it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Sorry KenX but you are wrong. THC can cause temporary Schizophrenia and amoung those who are already Schizophrenic it actually causes an increase in dopamine. A quick google search could have taught you that before you opened your mouth and insulted someone. You owe deaths_raver an apology.

As someone who has had a family member with Bi-Polar Disorder I found your assumption that deaths_raver brought his affliction on himself offensive. Mental disorders are not something to poke fun at or a reason to degrade the person suffering from it.
    thank you, and for the information of KenX, i don't do drugs and never have, infact i've never even been to a rave.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku roger_smith may be famous one day roger_smith may be famous one day roger_smith's Avatar
    Thanks
    Appearently not to many Anime fans are users, abusers,exct.
    But I am and have been for 5/6 years I can't remeber exactly how long(big surprise) but if you pass a judgement on something you have never experienced that is not only wrong but offensive. I may sound like a hoplessly addicted moron but I am far from it. The only wrong thing Marijuanna has done to me is drain a couple of bucks from my pocket each week. Now some say it adds up but I would have only spent that money on other addictions like ANIME for instance or video games. What we all have to realize is that we are all addicted to our computers or our drugs or even our T.V.s. I do not take kindly to people who talk down about a feeling that they never felt. And some of you are thinking "its so harmful to the innerworkings of your body" the brain for the most part. So is going outside and taking a breath of fresh air. New diseases are brought to our planet almost every year via particles of rock and asteroids falling to earth.

I really hope someone has a counter point for each little word that pours from my brain on to this keyboard which inturn makes its way too this thread.

I also have a freind who is Schizophrenic and he smokes too. His mental condition stays stable as long as he taes his meds in the morning. I would like to think he gets reall fukin stoned because after a little while he just stops hittin the pipe and none wonders why or gives him shit because we all respect his write to a choice.
    I think it is funny that not all drug users are hippies or gangbangers or whatever you call them. there are actually people out there(Me and others) who just smoke weed because it intensefies our cappabilaty to feel and to relate with others on more than just a mental aspect but an aspect which none can see taste or feel unless they take a hit off the pipe.

Now don't I look like a dumbass for writing all this and not stressing any REAL point.
    This pain is sratching at my bone.
    And this Loneliness won't leave me alone.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast