Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: toke (Marijuana, Pro or Con)

Otaku dark frog may be famous one day dark frog may be famous one day dark frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    how about we just don't talk about pot or any god damn drugs ok thanks
    LIFES NOT A GARDEN SO STOP ACTING LIKE A STUPID HOE.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Then how about you leave the debate area ok thanks.

Otaku dark frog may be famous one day dark frog may be famous one day dark frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    sorry i said that because my opinon of pot is right in my mind but not others
    LIFES NOT A GARDEN SO STOP ACTING LIKE A STUPID HOE.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Nice edit KenX, especially since your original post had finally managed to tick me off.

Yes, I am positive that I am being impartial since to double check my facts I just went and read three different FAQ sheets on marijuana and an except from a book on drug use. Every single one of them said that marijuana is A) addicitve and B) in first time users or in high doses can cause extream anxiety, schitzephrenia, and illusion/hallucinations. On top of that if someone had the potential predisposition toward schitzephrenia it can trigger a severe case of it.

Add that to the fact that I knew someone this happened to in High School..... they said it was the worst experience of their life. The word nightmare and horrific were mentioned.

I've heard it said that there are three types of people in this world:
    The Experienced (those who only learn something if they experience it themselves)
    The Educated (those who learn from others mistakes or successes as well as their own)
    The Ignorant (those who never learn)

When it comes to drugs I would much rather be Educated, thank you.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks
    I don't like it in my mind to tick girls off. PMS is a dangerous thing. No offense or anything, really.

But from all i've seen, experienced, know about drugs. The anxiety, schizophrenia, hallucinations, are just bullcrap. I've never meet anyone in my whole life of knowing drug users, that have gotten psyched out from weed. Why would they say THC subjects anxiety, ect to it's users, when medical marijuana is used to actually treat those symptoms? Remember, in the UK tests they were given only factors of THC, not actually smoking it.(but i may be wrong) Infact, when i was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, my doctor found out I smoked marijuana and told me about the uses of medical marijuana. He didn't encourage the consumption of marijuana, but he said that marijuana is still known to cure different types of ailments. After a year and a half of smoking weed with cancer, I don't get anymore horrific spasms in my leg that hurt, and I don't have to go through anymore surgeries since the cancer isn't going to spread anymore.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    I don't like it in my mind to tick girls off. PMS is a dangerous thing. No offense or anything, really.
    You just love putting your foot in your mouth don't you?

You keep saying you don't know anyone this has happened to, so I want you to think of two things. One, if it had never happened why would it be in all the FAQ's and why would they even be researching the connection? And two, you may not have know anyone it happened to but I have. It's called statistical probabitity. Evidently you and your friends number just hasn't come up, my friends did. Let me tell you about it.

I had actually forgotten about this until we started discussing it, it has been a few years. When I was in high school I was one of those people who didn't belong to any of the cliches but had friends in all of them. One of my friends in Studio Art class dissapeared for a few days and when she came back she looked like death warmed over. Toward the end of class I found the both of us alone by the back exit (a good 30+ feet from anyone else, the class was in a large garage) and I asked her what had happened. She went paler then she already was and didn't say anything for a few minutes. Then she told me that she had just spent the last two day's in the hospitol recovering from a bad trip on marijuana. She and her friends she hung out with were users and had been smoking on and off for a bit that day. With the poor judgment common to being high she had smoked twice the usual amount and totally flipped out. As I said before she used the words nightmare and horrific to describe the experience. When she finally came back to herself she found herself, restrained, in the hospitol. I asked her why she had smoked twice as much considering what could happen. Her response, "it seemed like a good idea at the time". She tried to blow it off, "it's just something that can happen", but it was obvious she was shook up by it. If I had ever considered smoking pot talking to her would have talked me out of it. I don't remember her ever being the same after that.

Just a little something to think about.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    You just love putting your foot in your mouth don't you?
    Or maybe i just actually like pissing you off.

The reason for all the claims that marijuana cause anxiety is same the same as the ones disclaiming them. Were the actual hospital reports that of Marijuana induced schizophrenia? Or did you just take her word for it? Theres probably 2 reasons for your friend "tripping" on weed.

1) there probably was other substances involved.
    2) She never told anyone if she did take any other substance

And besides. 3% out of the whole Smoking population getting schizophrenia. This is a very small percentage here, if it were indeed true to an extent it wouldn't even matter. Smoking is more popular in the world than surfing the internet. But i just don't see how weed can make you hallucinate when it isn't even a hallucinagin.

And why is it that despite the fact that weed use has been growing over the last 30 years and schizophrenia diagnosis hasn't. Maybe your friend just couldn't deal with smoking.
    Last edited by KenX; May 05, 2005 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks
    So instead you're saying that any person who doesn't agree with you is lying?
    And if they're not it's insignificant?

Your 3% would then mean that 2.724 million Americans (out of 90.8 million adults) have had a schizophrenic episode. Or for another example, in a high school of 1500 if every kid tried it at least once 45 of them would end up in the hospitol.

Sad man, very sad.

PS. Unless you can come up with some new facts I think we've pretty much run this discussion out.
    Last edited by Arrianna; May 05, 2005 at 07:29 PM.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast