Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tolerance Levels

Newbie trowble may be famous one day trowble may be famous one day trowble's Avatar
    Thanks

Tolerance Levels

Question 1: What breaks your tolerance level? What get's you to the point where you can no longer hold it in?

People that are redundant, except when someone asks me to repeat myself when I've said something clear enough. Any other type of constant redundancy from a person would have me break my tolerance level. Ignorance should be self-explanatory.

Question 2: Have you ever been in a situation where normally you would be able to tolerate someone/something, but get annoyed easily if the same thing is done by someone/something else? Yes? No? Come close? Where?

Simple Example:

Person 1 says "Hi" to you, it doesn't bother you.
    Person 2 says "Hi" to you, it does bother you.

Ok, so generally I have a high tolerance level for taking crap from people. I dish out enough crap to people as it is, so it would only be right for me to be able to dish it in. Every intern that comes to my job I try to make comfortable and get friendly with them by joking and making fun of people, celebrities etc., since I was an intern before I was given a fulltime job and I know how pressuring it can be in a corporation.

Long story short, this intern is comfortable to the point where he can be himself, turns out this intern is annoying as hell being himself. His jokes are stupid and corny, his use of slang is very very tacky and uses it in the wrong places and especially at the wrong times. He jokes around and makes fun of me, which normally wouldn't bother me, but for the fact that he's also a poser repeating funny things my coworkers say and harp's on shit that they say to make good things (jokes) go bad. To top it off he's extremely arrogant and I'm not the only one at work that sees this or anything else.

Normally, I can tolerate corny jokes (I do them myself), slang (I hear it enough), and people making fun of me (I make fun of people to their face too), but with him I can't. He goes over my tolerance level with ease.

Sometimes I just want to staple a muzzle to his face... to make both our lives easier.

Edit: I made this a 2 part question
    Last edited by trowble; Oct 24, 2005 at 09:19 PM.
    Too big. 110 is height limit.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tolerance Levels

I'm a very passive person that rarely gets pissed off at anything and anybody
    but there's this kid that really annoys me
    he's a freshman (well, he was a freshman, but I still call him a freshman because he's very short... shorter than ME and I'm 5' 6")
    dude used to sit behind me in Spanish class last year and he used to talk about stupid shit like how he supposedly eats bugs and has a lot of shit because his grandfather's rich and there's a shitload of obviously exaggerated stories
    he makes very bad jokes and has the amazing power to turn things lame and stupid
    he's one of the only person that annoys me and the only to have a permanent spot in my list of people to kill when I finally snap (which probably won't happen... )
    stupid laziness...
    [-_-]
    I love my girlfriend.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Q1) Well hard to think wut would take me to the breaking point but i suppose it would be an extreme where either ppl close are being beaten/killed.

Q2)I have way 2 many answers for this question due to the number of F*"£&*> around my schools but I just whip em' with an insult which they cant come back from. :P

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trowble
    Question 1: What breaks your tolerance level? What get's you to the point where you can no longer hold it in?

Question 2: Have you ever been in a situation where normally you would be able to tolerate someone/something, but get annoyed easily if the same thing is done by someone/something else? Yes? No? Come close? Where?

Wow, an thread worthy of posting in! I give you brownie points, trowble ^__^;

...Why hasn't anyone answered this topic yet is the real question. Heh

To answer Question 1 ~ My tolerance level is broken by nonchalant concieted bastards who think that they can be condescending to others and get away with it. I hate people with a superiority complex of grandiloquence.

To answer Question 2 ~ Kind of. My sister proves this in a way...She's thirteen and I have an odd relationship with her that I can tolerate things maybe with her but not other people like that. It's a little strange, I can't describe it, but that's just how it is!

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a lot of pet peeves that people do unconciously which tends to make my patience with them very short. things people can't even help sometimes, eating loudly, breathing loudly, eating with their mouth open.

Other things that set me off have to due with the person, liek the things they talk about, if they constantly beat a dead subject or talk about something relatively old in the news as if it just happened 5 minutes ago. People who talk on a subject that they know nothing of instead of admitting they don't know (I'm guilty of this and I annoy myself this way, so I've been working to stop). Finally, people who just don't know when to shut up and admit they're wrong.

Oh yeah, if I have a particular distaste for someone, or they exhibit any of those pet peeves I listed in the above question. My step father exibits just about every pet peeve I have, so I've got a short fuse when it comes to him, if say... my mother were to ask me a question about the computer she's having trouble with, i'll answer it for her. But if the next day my step father asks the same question I'll usually blow him off, tell him I'm busy, or just not deal with him.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

It really takes a lot to break my tolerance level... I think the only times I get really irritated are when someone is saying something hurtful to someone else... Mocking people... being a bully, if you will. That really gets me going. Grrrrrrr. And people who are arrogant really get my goat. Another thing that makes me REALLY upset is when people have problems doing their jobs. If you are given a job, do it!!!!!!! (This goes for my home life, as well as my work life) We have a lot of animals... And it seems I am the only one who takes care of them. Everyone else sits on their fat lazy asses and watches TV. Then they complain when I am on the computer... Even though I did everyone else's work... Interesting. I also cannot tolerate people who do not listen. Plain and simple. Open your ears and pay attention!!

Unfortunately, yes. The other night, actually. I didn't have a very good day... It's a long ass story and I don't want to get into it! It was just a bad day. And I wanted to be left alone. And I stated this when I got home. I said "Hey bad day... I am vegging in my room with my headphones on and my sketch pad. Don't bother knocking for anything. Sorry." A few minutes later... With not even a respectful KNOCK AND WAITING FOR MY ANSWER my sister thought she would barge into my room to "check on me" I went off... And I didn't really want to ... Normally I would have been nice about it... But it's the thought... I told everyone what was going on. So I said, "Get out. I want to be alone right now!" And she pouted and won't talk to me. Which is her fault for not listening.

Newbie hapa may be famous one day hapa may be famous one day hapa's Avatar
    Thanks

Stupidity, ignorant stupidity. When someone is making a joke or a rant about something that isn't even right, or at least creative.

Sometimes someone's energy just rubs me the wrong way and I won't accept crap from them that I'll take from anyone else.

Sometimes I'm just in a mood where I can't take it. This has a lot to do with feeling under the weather in some way, and then having an idiot added to the mix.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

i can be tolerant of anything. i don't take anything personally and i don't care what anyone says or does to me. the only thing that sends me over the edge is when ppl make fun of my g/f or my music. now i probably take more crap than anyone else possibly knows and i don't serve as much crap as i probably should, but when it comes to my g/f or my music, i drop the f-bomb.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast