Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too much text in fansubs

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks

Too much text in fansubs

I've been getting annoyed lately with how fansubbers deal with songs in anime. Intros/outros tend to have awesome visuals and most fansub groups like to clutter it up with english translations of the songs, plus the original Japanese words. Some even put Japanese romanji, japanese characters, and english translation. I can understand the english translations, but if I could read Japanese I wouldn't be bothering with a fansub in the first place. Does anybody else think they should nix the Japanese lyrics and just put the translations? It's their perogative to do it they way they like, but I can still complain can't I? If I had my way there would be no translation of the lyrics either, but I'm willing to compromise. Please tell any stories where you found both the lyrics in japanese and english to come in handy.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    well for me, by now I have no problem with it...it's as if when I look at it it's not even there and it doesn't bother me at all...but it would seem sensible to only have the english translation and the romanji

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    I've never had both the english subtitles and romanji subtitles.
    But I usually like it when the fansubbers add extra bits of info during the anime (explaining something in the background or explaining something specificly Japanese that is not undersandable just by translating it).

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah the explaining thing is okay, but if you seen bleech you will know what glaive is talking about

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks
    An episode of Gundam SEED Destiny I was watching the other day actually used those little notes to explain why a character was acting a certain way, like the audience was incapable of figuring out on their own. I found that to be condescending.

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    In a way the japanese has always been condescending to us
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Thanks
    Yes, but it was the fansubbers doing it. I'm going to assume they aren't Japanese.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I completly agree... watching the Gravitation fansubs was pure hell when it came to the songs. The version I watched had the english translation, the japanese translation plus the japanese kanji. It was silly, considering how they did it pretty much every time the two main songs in the series came on. (which are repeated at least 5 times each) After seeing the subtitles the first two times, you'd think they would take them off the next three times... most of us would of memorised the words the first two times.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast