Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Too much text in fansubs

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Err. Unless you're downloading your anime (which most of us do! :]), I think you can remove the subtitles? But yeah I know how annoying it is when there are texts all over the dam*ed screen! I'd get mad, myself. Even though I can speak and understand Japanese, I still need English Translation sometimes to aid me. (I'm not a professional Japanese speaker. Hehe.) Romanji, however, is not needed. There are always lyric sites for anime songs, yes?

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    I understand the frustration, but most fansubbers are outraged at the mention that their volunteer work isn't the quality you're looking for. The arguement is: they're making available to watch anime that isn't otherwise available (yet). There are 2 things you could do if you're looking for, say, a textless OP to screencap from
    1.Be the fansubber's friend and ask for the raw, but TV rips aren't great quality and
    you'll probably re-cg the image anyway
    2.Buy the disc (either domestic, if it's released, or import, HK may be acceptable quality)
    and capture without subtitles on.

As for over-translation, I think some groups enjoy it, and maybe they're considering that viewers in certain countries might not understand the situation from the visuals.

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_glaive
    An episode of Gundam SEED Destiny I was watching the other day actually used those little notes to explain why a character was acting a certain way, like the audience was incapable of figuring out on their own. I found that to be condescending.

That is annoying they did that on a fansubbed episode of princess tutu once it made me laugh!
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2