Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Too old??

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't think it matters how old you are. i am not into video games that much, but i love anime.
    I do see myself watching anime 10 years from now. But as i get older i would probably watch more action, drama, suspense anime; instead of animes like pokemon or yugio.

Newbie Kiba may be famous one day Kiba may be famous one day Kiba's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree it dose not mater how old you are! i'm turning 18 and i'm in to it. alot of pepole dont agree with me!

Newbie cyberdoll may be famous one day cyberdoll may be famous one day cyberdoll's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'll be 22 on Friday, have two kids, married, and I've got three dogs, and I still find myself staying up all night playing video games. As far as anime goes I don't think a person outgrows that, that would be like outgrowing comedy. Your tastes within a genre might change, but you still like the catagory.

Newbie Blaz may be famous one day Blaz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Talking You like what you like, period.

My father's turning the big 5 - 0 this year, and while I can still snipe him down like a pro in Halo2, there is still no way I can beat him in any racing game (i.e. Need for Speed Underground 2).

Oh, and it was his idea to go see Akira on IMAX (which was just AMAZING btw!!!).

So, no, I don't think you can get too old for this stuff. It all depends on the person in the end.

P.S.: On a side note, my dad also picked up the new Eminem album before me... go figure.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

never too old

I don't think you can get too old for either. Video games and anime help keep the kid in all of us.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Newbie xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus may be famous one day xyzeus's Avatar
    Thanks
    As one of the "senior" members of this site *coughs* (34), I can attest to the fact that playing video games and watching anime for 10-20 years has not lost any of its appeal over the years. In fact it has actually gotten better. I have had the experience of watching the gaming industry and animation grow with the advances in technology over the years. With new innovations always on the horizon I know that I can look forward to better titles in both genres. The storylines in anime (even the ones that are repeated over and over again) are presented in new and fresh ways that I find more satisfying than most tv programs and films.

I do admit that in the past I was not so open with my love of anime because there seems to be an "immature" stigma that comes with it. When meeting new guys, they would always say*in dopey guy voice* "you still watch cartoons?"...aargh! But with Linkin Park having anime stylee in their videos and such movie titles as "The Animatrix" and the O-Ren Ishi origin storyline in Kill Bill, I am finding that anime is beginning to be respected in a more varied age range.

Here's one of my mottos I live by: "anime will never go away"

Newbie berryhot may be famous one day berryhot may be famous one day berryhot's Avatar
    Thanks
    I guess in society it would seem that there is an age limit on these sorts of things...I dont really believe that though...then again I loooooooooooove video games and anime....I'm only 20 but I literally belive i'm gonna be the cool mom playing video games with her kids they're gonna have to kick ME off the system lol

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    I know 40+ year olds that still play video games and watch anime so there is no age limit I think it all comes down to if you still like anime at that age.
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast