Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too popular???

Newbie drake_dragonfire may be famous one day drake_dragonfire may be famous one day drake_dragonfire's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Too popular???

Is it just me or do some anime series become too popular and ruin it for everyone else. That dosent really make a whole lot of sense so let me explain. I had already purchased the Trigun series on dvd from Viz and then sold it later to a movie store in the mall. Then almost 2 years later it comes out on Cartoon Network and suddenly everyone and their best friend is raving about the "new" show Trigun.
    The same thing is happening now with a few different anime. More specifically Naruto I liked naruto like when i first saw it in Shonen Jump magazine. Now everyone loves Naruto and all you see online anymore is naruto pics and clips. They even sell naruto stuff at Hot Topic now. The head quarters of the poser nation. Am i the only one this bothers?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Too popular???

I have noticed a few instances like you did...so you are not the only one. Yes, Naruto has hit the heights...it become sooo popular that every kid in every single street know what Naruto is all about. I have even noticed some wall posters of Naruto and FMA in a barber shop...it sure does attract kids to get a hair cut at their place. All of the stuff regarding Naruto sell like hot cakes, at some places.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

like the anime you speak of, Hot Topic use to be orginal with psycodelic designs that were the envy of all those underground....

but then the media and the suberbians got to it and ruined everything...

.... like the always do...

Newbie drake_dragonfire may be famous one day drake_dragonfire may be famous one day drake_dragonfire's Avatar
    Thanks

Eventually i have to stop reading/watching an anime b/c i get tired of seeing it everywhere

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

that shouldn't stop you from enjoying something you really like...

bad fans are just that, besides, they're usually in insecurely full of themselves so they're easy to bring down...

try it some time...

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drake_dragonfire
    Is it just me or do some anime series become too popular and ruin it for everyone else. That dosent really make a whole lot of sense so let me explain. I had already purchased the Trigun series on dvd from Viz and then sold it later to a movie store in the mall. Then almost 2 years later it comes out on Cartoon Network and suddenly everyone and their best friend is raving about the "new" show Trigun.
    The same thing is happening now with a few different anime. More specifically Naruto I liked naruto like when i first saw it in Shonen Jump magazine. Now everyone loves Naruto and all you see online anymore is naruto pics and clips. They even sell naruto stuff at Hot Topic now. The head quarters of the poser nation. Am i the only one this bothers?
    Yes! Examples: Naruto, Inuyasha, Chobits, Yugioh, and thats basically all I can think of....

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't care. If I like it, it doesn't matter to me how popular it is. Obviously it must have some good traits if lots of people like it. I like some really insanely popular animes (like Cowboy Bebop and Love Hina) and then some more obscure ones. Popularity means zero to me.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been a wrestling fan for 20 years. For 15 of it I had to hide my head in shame when ever I said that...then the whole wwf "Attitude Era" and the wcw "NWO" gimicks came along. All of a sudden Wrestling was cool and it all happened over night. No matter where I looked I saw shirts, hats, posters, books...you name it I saw it. And it was really strange to actually be able to admit that I was a wrestling fan in public without getting ridiculed about it.

But then the 'good times' came to an end. Wrestling is no longer the 'in' thing. All things wrestling still suck and while I don't have to hide my head in shame, I still get stared at when I admit I'm a wrestling fan.

The same thing here. Anime is really "in" right now. Everyone wants in on the craze so your seeing it more and more accepted into pop culture. We die-hard fans no longer have to try to explain our joy of Anime, people now 'just get it'. Give it a few years and the masses will leave the anime fad behind. We can go back to enjoying Anime without all the craze and hype (and in some cases the inflated price tag) but with the added benifit of not being stared at when we admit we watch anime. Give it a few years. It will work itself out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast