Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

14 87.50%
  • Bad

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (Tracing) Good or Bad

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: (Tracing) Good or Bad

I dont see hwo it could possibly be bad. I mean its a helpful device to help you learn to draw better and it helps with memory on how to draw people or things without looking at anything. I took a ton of art classes in high school and I was tracing alot of stuff at first but by the time I had graduated I was doing my own thing and had really expanded in the art world thanks to tracing.

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks

Tracing is usefull in certain ways, When I draw my anime it goes through 3 stages, First is design, second is first sketch, second is tracing the first sketch in order to clean it up for the scan (Reduces cleaning time PS), however if youre tracing other artwork, its basicaly going over the lines which isnt hard, this is greatly discourage by many artist becouse you dont learn from it, your dependant on that which already exists.

To learn from other artwork you shouldnt trace, should should mimic it by drawing without the tracing it, then you look at youre drawing and look to see whats wrong then you correct, if you trace then it will always be right, once youve had some experience mimicking then try to create youre own and refer to other artists work to help or give you some ideas, if you mimic all the time you wont devolope creativity which is very important in anime/manga.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

tracing= ok in my book. Especially since I can't draw. It helps to figure out how to get that same shape on blank paper.

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

tracing is good.

it like the first thing some people are doing in everyday life. in some schools kids
    learn how trace. (maybe)

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to trace a lot when I was younger. THat was how I started to learn how to draw. I just dont like it when people trace and say look what at I made. TRacing can be both good and bad, just depends on how tracing is used.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2