Thread: Traffic is dropping, maybe time for new stuff?

Dan
    Newbie Dan may be famous one day Dan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Traffic is dropping, maybe time for new stuff?

I noticed in the logs the traffic is starting to drop. the posts are also starting to drop. people running out of things to say? We need some ideas to keep the place from slowly dieing off. the new / old design should be up pretty soon, I am working on a mod, that should help the search engines spider the site better. I guess the biggest thing bringing people to the site is the pics? I assume we should expand the section, scans should bring alot of pics. any other ideas? I know the downloads are helping bring some people to the site, I am working on a system that might make the download system better for the site, like making people sign up before they can download, and such.

Dan

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Those Ideas sound great Dan. Also before Gig post it, I will tell you that we always have periods where people just stop posting for a few weeks,.... In the old AO we had several times where trafic and post were seriously low due to work, school or other activities the members have....

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

We could start a special forum to allow LIMITED advertising links for conventions and special Anime events. At least it could help in keeping advertising Spam out of the general forums...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    spring break guys, most are out at the beach or visiting home from college, friends, actually seeing the sunlight so yeah the drop is to be expected. Almost always is slow during school anyways. We really wont see big number again till summer break, has always been the trend

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    spring break guys, most are out at the beach or visiting home from college, friends, actually seeing the sunlight so yeah the drop is to be expected. Almost always is slow during school anyways. We really wont see big number again till summer break, has always been the trend
    See I told you he will mention it...

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    you know me well *bows* hehe

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Some ideas I would suggest seeing as most people come onto the board and not the front page most of the time. I would suggest maybe the "most latest images Uploaded to the gallery" on the main board index? Also the old AO had a feture on it I think it was the top 5 latest topics started/replied to? That might also be neat.

I just talked to a member today thats leaving because of the gallery rating system. The fact no one is posting. just rating. Maybe if we remove the just rating?

Also I think we should get some more old staff back/new mods helping with the board?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito

Also I think we should get some more old staff back/new mods helping with the board?

We already have plenty of staff. There aren't really any old staff to bring back except maybe Moon or Trunks and I haven't seen Strong Bad in a coon's age.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.