Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trial of this decade?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Trial of this decade?

Iraqis Riveted by Televised Saddam Trial<--link

The trial has been postponed 6 weeks because several witnesses against Saddam refused to show up for fear of their lives.
    Defense attournies are trying to get their names.
    Saddam was disrespectful and refused to acknowledge the courts authority insisting he's still the President.
    They are keeping the identity of 4 out of the 5 judges secret to protect them and their families. The 5th's identity was only released a few days ago.

What do you think?
    Is this the trial of this decade?
    Do you think he will be found guilty?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Trial of this decade?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna

What do you think?
    Is this the trial of this decade?
    No, I do not think it'll be the trail of this decade. It's just another dictator trail to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Do you think he will be found guilty?
    Of what? Doesn't he have a whole lot of things to answer for?

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Saddam is still going on saying he's the ruler of Iraq? That whole act got old over a year ago.

It will not be the trial of the decade. It will however, be long and drawn out. Saddam will use what influence he has left to draw it out further and attempt to sway the case, but he will be found guilty.

And if he isn't found guilty, I'll go down there myself and show him the true meaning of ass kickery.

Now that I think of it, isn't Saddam also to appear at trials in several other countries?

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

The Plot Thickens....

I think it's going to be..but not for the normal reasons. It's gonna be a 'show trial' and it's going to get really really wierd. Check this out.

Lawyer of Saddam Co-Defendant Kidnapped in Baghdad

I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of the 'fun' were in for.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I think this is going to be more of a Kangaroo court then a trial... Does anyone really expect that Saddam has a chance of being found not guilty and becoming the President of Iraq again???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

agreed with Barronmore. We haven't even scratched the surface of this "fun" yet. It will be interesting though to see whether the Iraqi court can run a legitimate trial. I doubt he'll ever get the death sentence though, that would be too good to be true.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think they would dare give him anything less. If they did too many people would volunteer to string him up. Any doubt he's guilty? No, but he still gets a trial just like Hitlers men did after WWII.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not a supporter for the death penalty, however for Saddam I would for the most part turn a blind eye to it.

If you ask me, he should get 873 consecutive life sentances.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast