Thread: Trip-hop

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

Trip-hop

I've been listening to a lot of Trip-hop lately so I've found myself taking a liking to the genre of music. I'm hoping that there are more AOers that also like Trip-Hop. If so, what artists/songs do you recommend? Of course I'd recommend stuff like Portishead, Massive Attack, and Sneaker Pimps but those seem like they are Trip- Hop regulars. I also like Tricky, Esthero, and Zero 7.
    Too cool for a sig.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh boy, you've up and done it....for years trip-hop has been my favorite genre of music and i can say that your definately on the right track with Massive Attack. Good lord...theyre almost too talented.......their classic album "Mezzanine" is proof of that alone. As for other good artists that you havent listed and that i beleive you might like.... try these..

Prefuse 73 - One Word Extinguisher
    Dj Krush - Kasukei
    Bjork - Telegram
    Puracane - Things You Should Leave Alone
    Lamb - (self titled)
    Thievery Corporation - Mirror Conspiracy
    U.N.K.L.E - Psyence Fiction
    Dj Shadow - Endtroducing

Try all of these and call me in the morning.
    Last edited by narrator; Mar 26, 2005 at 08:26 PM.

Newbie obliteration may be famous one day obliteration may be famous one day obliteration's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm with Narrator on this one. Massive Attack's Mezzanine album is one of those must-gets for all music fans.

A few months ago I got a hold of a trip-hop compilation off the Sonic Images label called She, A Female Vocal Trip-Hop Experience. If you can find it, I suggest picking it up, as there's some really soulful stuff on that disc. Mandalay Feat. Nicola Hitchcock's (who is better known as the woman who provided the vocals on Tiesto's In My Memory) Insensible is a personal favorite of mine

[ Romans 1:6: And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. ]

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've been a huge Portishead fan since 'Dummy' and even had the opportunity to see beth sing live. Its the kind of music that makes you want to go hide inside yourself but good god is it worth it.

I can't really come up with anymore to add to the list, but you should definitely check out some of Tricky's earlier work. I started disliking alot of his stuff after "Angels with Dirty Faces"

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks
    What's trip-hop?

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TakuHonji
    What's trip-hop?
    The marriage of electronica and hip hop. And therefor,God created trip-hop....

Newbie asraiwaters may be famous one day asraiwaters may be famous one day asraiwaters's Avatar
    Thanks
    in my opinion, Mezzanine is Massive Attack's best album, 100th window and Protection tie for 2nd place.

Newbie superblaster may be famous one day superblaster may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I love the sounds by DJ Krush, especially his albums Krush and Code 4109. He has a new one out but I haven't heard it yet..