Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Truth About Violent Youth and Video Games

Newbie Minako_Chan may be famous one day Minako_Chan may be famous one day Minako_Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Truth About Violent Youth and Video Games

i have a game cube I don't like ps but there's so much cool games thats why I want it

Sailor Venus!

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks

I love that writter, thats so in your face and sarcastic it was a brilliant read. and most of all everything was true.Jan

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Shame the article didnt get that much publicity, he could really change something....

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

I have done several reports for school about the misconception that video games cause violence, and all the reports I've read have said the same thing--that while violent games can cause an increase in aggression (measured from the brain through cat scans), especially in teenage boys, violent games are not the direct cause of violence of any kind. The reason games are constantly thrown to the fire when something like Columbine happens, is because it's easier to blame a tangible thing than a person. It's easier to think that a game (or movie, or music, or any other form of media entertainment) caused violence than to believe that a person was so messed up that they could do something so heinous. But I think that the more people stand up for games, then those who are against them might finally realize that people need to held accountable for their actions, and not video games.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Grandma sues Take-Two well you will all love this, according to Gameinformer.com a grandmother who is 85 is suing Take-Two, the company that owns Rockstar Games for exposing her son to GTA San Andreas, even though SHE bought it for him. Her grandson is 14 btw, like this will stand up in court.

Also, like every study says, there is a small correlation between violent games and aggressive behavior, however, it does not cause a person to go out act aggressively. The person himself decided to go out and blow away his friends. He became addicted to a game which he can relate too. Once again, the whole point comes down to the ONE group of people who are directly responsible for this but NOBODY will blame because NOBODY has the balls to do it....THE PARENTS. Once again this country expects everybody else to raise their kids instead of doing it themselves.

Grandma Sues Take-Two

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

That was a good read, comforting to know that 'the youth' aren't getting more violent. I almost laughed when he stated adults were instead .^_^. IT IS a shame that this article didn't get more publicity. It would definitely stand out to the people who ACTUALLY believe video games can make young people more violent.

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

according to Gameinformer.com a grandmother who is 85 is suing Take-Two, the company that owns Rockstar Games for exposing her son to GTA San Andreas, even though SHE bought it for him. Her grandson is 14 btw, like this will stand up in court.
    Idiot woman. Those ratings are so damned clear. *shakes head* Never underestimate stupidity.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The truth is that these are the most non-violent kids we have ever had, and they all own Playstations. The government is so desperate to find some youth crime to crack down on that they’re strip-searching kids for 10 bucks while locking up 11 year-old girls for throwing rocks and eating french fries. The most peaceful generation of Americans in recorded history is being shoved through metal detectors, having their civil rights violated on a daily basis, are the victims of unreasonable search and seizure, and are treated with constant suspicion.

All because of a media lie. If nothing else can incite them to violence, maybe that will.
    Enough said.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 29, 2005 at 02:31 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast