Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Truth About Violent Youth and Video Games

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Truth About Violent Youth and Video Games

the problem with the youth today isn't the youth at all, the problem lies with the older generations. No offense. The only problem is that much of the older generation is looking for something to put the blame on, even if there is nothing to blame for. The media leads people to believe that there is an underlying cause for violent behavior, when in fact there is no "underlying" cause. And video games take the heat because they are the future of electronic entertainment and have the forefront in the media. It's just like TV years ago, it was never really a problem, otherwise we'd still have the debate focused on TV's instead of just the games.

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

It's just like TV years ago, it was never really a problem, otherwise we'd still have the debate focused on TV's instead of just the games.
    Everything new is treated with suspicion.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Newbie Tay_chan91 may be famous one day Tay_chan91 may be famous one day Tay_chan91's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    the problem with the youth today isn't the youth at all, the problem lies with the older generations. No offense. The only problem is that much of the older generation is looking for something to put the blame on, even if there is nothing to blame for...
    I totally agree. I'm getting really tired hearing overzealous politicians rant on and on about the violance in todays youth and then having the nerve to blame a bunch of wires and plastic? I mean come on. And if video games do anything concerning violance then i say they lower the percentage of 8 year old physcos by giving them an outlet.

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

the problem with the youth today isn't the youth at all, the problem lies with the older generations. No offense. The only problem is that much of the older generation is looking for something to put the blame on, even if there is nothing to blame for. The media leads people to believe that there is an underlying cause for violent behavior, when in fact there is no "underlying" cause.
    well, maybe we should stop trying to blame someone or something altogether, and start looking for a way to prevent this kinda tragic violence from happening.
    "A good discussion should be like a miniskirt; short enough to pertain interest yet long enough to cover the subject." ;]

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

You forget; this is the real world. There is aways something to be blamed, and is there isn't, then they'll find something. The newest and biggest things are usually the easiest to blame. As far as finding a way to stop the violent things from happening, that is impossible. Violence is part of human nature, our society thrives on it. Violence is one thing that will be here for as long as humans are around. A perfect world with no violence is a simple fantasy. And as long is there is violence, there is always something to catch the blame.

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

An unfortunate truth.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

You forget; this is the real world. There is aways something to be blamed, and is there isn't, then they'll find something. The newest and biggest things are usually the easiest to blame. As far as finding a way to stop the violent things from happening, that is impossible. Violence is part of human nature, our society thrives on it. Violence is one thing that will be here for as long as humans are around. A perfect world with no violence is a simple fantasy. And as long is there is violence, there is always something to catch the blame.
    yep all that is needed is someone/thing/entity at the end of the finger of the public [somebody to point on]. parenting needs to be stepped up a few notches though i mean i've been playing video games from yay high and i aint thought of killing no body and i've not only been playing duckhunt you know what i'm saying. So at core its morals and basic common sense, and of course how children are socialized.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Banned colombiano_16 may be famous one day colombiano_16 may be famous one day colombiano_16's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont like how the media talks about things it does no about its like what the guy in the artical said when rock n roll came out every one thought it was bad and set a horribal image of amricans people need to learn to talk with facts not crap

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast