Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: tsunami escape

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Under water is the safest, if nothing comes your way (eg: floating log, bits of wood that can pierce) Another alternative is to find the nearest highland and leg it. However, the greatest is still on air
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    As mentioned:
    To be realistic, natural heights like mountains are the best place to be because there's not much chance you'll be able to jump into a helicopter or stay underwater when the tsunami comes.
    If there aren't any mountains/hills nearby try to flee into a high, concrete building.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually FFgirl23 is right as long as you're out past the coastal shelf. There were fisherman out on the water who watched their villages get demolished but were in no danger themselves.

Sometimes a high road is not an option. A Megatsunami can go up to 5 miles inland and be as high as 300' tall. With minimal warning and crowded streets it might just not be possible. The ones who weren't in the water and survived either managed to get to higher ground (alot didn't make it) or clung to something to keep from being washed out to sea.

So I wouls say if you don't have a boat or a mountain nearby tie yourself to something high up that looks like it will last.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    The key word of Arrianna's post are
    that looks like it will last.

Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hibiki Tokai has a point though. all you have to do is get far enough out and when the wave comes it'll atmost be a splash. they're only dangerous when they reach the continental slope or what ever it's called
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    i doubt you'd be safe underwater. the pull of the water would be too strong. you'll likely tumble in the water and hit something.

Newbie Solid may be famous one day Solid may be famous one day Solid's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'd go with air, but if it were possible to be on a boat, in the middle of a Tsunami and live, that would be one of my choices.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Id have to go with u on the boaty thingy...i mean u have a higher chance at dying on land than if u know how to swima and if ur boat crashes...then u can swim i guess...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast