Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TV Ruining The Youth Of America?

Newbie ZerOraY may be famous one day ZerOraY may be famous one day
    Thanks

TV Ruining The Youth Of America?

Tv is supposdly ruining the youth of america? To the point were kids are shoting each other, doing drugs, having kids at the age 11?! To what point can TV be blamed.

What Is your opinion on the topic???

I'm sure their are going to be mixed feelings on this topic

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    blaming Tv for kids' behavior is a copout for bad parenting or a lack of parenting.

The end is important in all things.

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenOne
    blaming Tv for kids' behavior is a copout for bad parenting or a lack of parenting.
    I agree with Fallen. You can easilly turn off the T.V. Those that have satelites, they set passwords to the adult section. If kids turn up to be those drug dealers etc, it should be lack of parenting, love, w/e. But not T.V. Only thing i can't really blame on parents is kids being in school. I'm sure parents have no control on what their kids hang out with etc. But they can't blame it on T.V. Thats for sure...

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I would say TV is controlling kids ~ even if they are just watching MTV or Disney. They want to look as "cool" or "beautiful" as the people they see on television, it's crazy... I see it almost every day. Haven't you noticed the way kids are acting ? It just makes me laugh how America can be the biggest capitalist there is.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    haha yeah i know what ya mean everywhere you go someone is trynig to talk like someone, look like someone, be that someone. I personally have no interrest in be noother than myself, i don't care much for people who roleplay their entire life.
    I would have to say television is ruining children to a certain extent (the ones that like to fake their personality's) but for the other's i think tv has no effect, they just wanna be who they are. an watch a good show
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    See the problem here is everyone is looking for a scapegoat, when the problem is in society itself. Society is crap now, nowhere near as disciplined as say 50 years ago. Sure entertainment have their role in it, but its not completely their fault. They just shoulder a good portion of the blame. My opinion is that parents are working more now, spending less time at home and more time away from their kids so in most cases they dont have the same opportunities to raise their kids or give them a better spectrum of right from wrong. I think that it is mostly the fault of the parent, but there is a reason why thousands of parents cant be there for their kids and its because jobs have become more of a necessity. So the real question is whats more important? Having money to buy things and better feed and cloth you children, or living at home to better raise your children without as much of the luxuries? Tough decision, that I'm glad I dont have to make right now, but I will have to make myself one day.

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Bah... confusions and problems these days. I wonder if this madness will ever end...

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    TV controlling kids? Bad parenting. I'd have to say it's the actors and artists on the television that is corrupting them.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast