Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TV Ruining The Youth Of America?

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I blame it on Anime.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    3 words: crock of shit.

Newbie Winter may be famous one day Winter may be famous one day Winter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Bah, thats just stupid. Kids can learn more on TV then they will from a professor.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    I blame it on Anime.
    Only you would, KenX.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Only you would, KenX.
    heh, typical kenx.

The end is important in all things.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    I blame it on Anime.
    really.....? i was blaming it weasels. man now feel like i did som'n bad...... nah.

it really was weasels.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    Ok, it was my mistake of forgetting to take in the size of the population, but still the U.S. would have a higher percentage as well, just it wouldn't look as dramatic as the raw numbers.

Anyway I must throw this fact in; crime existed before television. Gangs, young pregnancies, muder, rape, they've all existed far before the television was even invented.

These problems will always exist, all we can do is try and minimize them.

Part of the problem is parenting, part is the enviroment in which they grow up in, part is the individuals own personality and frame of mind.

The values that kids are taught, the actions that tehy see others taking around them, and their own experiences in the world cause these problems not some show.
    I agree. TV, in the states anyway, is part of that sum total. It IS part of their experiences. As I said before "Exclusivly at fault? Of course not. Free from blame? Never."

The problem with media as an influence is that it is so readily availible. While crime has always existed the spread of influence used to be limited by the sphere of contact availible. It could take years for something to reach around the world. Now with modern media it can take minutes. It's a tool, both good and bad is done by it and those who use it. Should we stop useing it? Of course not. But we have to choose our actions with media in relation to ourselves or the choice will be made for us by those who don't care as long as they get their money. To claim it has no effect leaves us open to the influence we may not choose for ourselves should we accept that in fact it does.

Personlly I have turned my TV off unless there is something specific I wish to see. I choose what I see or don't see and that means buying Anime. But if I just turned on the TV to whatever the only choice I would be making is to let the programers dictate their "influence" in my life.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Haha... this reminds me of an old school paper column headline I saw...

"Television makes children violent like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast