Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: TV Ruining The Youth Of America?

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Wow. I am 15, and I know the difference between TV and the real world. You'll never see me go outside to shoot someone. You'll never see me do drugs.
    "But Ryke12, that's because you had parents that watched you"
    "Well, then, ITS BAD PARENTING!!!!!!!!"
    Really, now. I REALLY BELIEVE someone walked somewhere and thought, "Hey, that random bad guy on TV did this, so I'm gonna do this too, whee!"
    Yes, I am aware people tried to imitate shows like Jackass and stuff. This I call Stupid. That kind of stupidity doesn't even DESERVE an excuse.
    So one of two things happens: one, you have bad parenting AND you're stupid, or two: you're just plain dumb.
    That's my feeling on this, because it's VERY ANNOYING when someone says "well, my child did it because he saw it on TV"
    I just wanna say "Well, ma'am, congratulations, you have a defective person. return him for another kid, NOW."

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    Wow. I am 15, and I know the difference between TV and the real world. You'll never see me go outside to shoot someone. You'll never see me do drugs.
    "But Ryke12, that's because you had parents that watched you"
    "Well, then, ITS BAD PARENTING!!!!!!!!"
    Really, now. I REALLY BELIEVE someone walked somewhere and thought, "Hey, that random bad guy on TV did this, so I'm gonna do this too, whee!"
    Yes, I am aware people tried to imitate shows like Jackass and stuff. This I call Stupid. That kind of stupidity doesn't even DESERVE an excuse.
    So one of two things happens: one, you have bad parenting AND you're stupid, or two: you're just plain dumb.
    That's my feeling on this, because it's VERY ANNOYING when someone says "well, my child did it because he saw it on TV"
    I just wanna say "Well, ma'am, congratulations, you have a defective person. return him for another kid, NOW."
    lol

Problem is there is alot of stupid people out there...
    "I have a return on isle 3. Reason, defective child."

Wanna start handing out signs?

Or maybe we could just stamp them on their foreheads. Then when the police stop them they could just call up their parents. "I'm sorry ma'am, we just picked up your son mooning people in the middle of the street. We noticed he's marked defective. You should really consider getting that fixed ma'am before we have to call you again."

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shien
    I believe on what you guys said on bad parenting.. it's not like it's the T.V. Shows or movies that have to do with it.. it's the surroundings and the parents who neglect that the child/ren are not being noticed, so they do things so that their parents can see what they go through and parents take it the wrong way.. and it's also influenced by their friends who was neglected also.. it's just like a never ending chain of pressure and insecurity..

-Neko-maho
    Yeah I totally agree on the fact that children are affected by their surroundings and parents. Parents sometimes use the t.v. as a babysitter instead of taking care of their child. Anyone see Cable Guy? You don't want your kid like him lol.

Newbie chibilova may be famous one day chibilova may be famous one day chibilova's Avatar
    good ol' florida....filled with old people and the great hot weather
    Thanks
    wow ... i jsut realize i've had talked about this topic at least once a year...ny ways well i do think tv definatly has a huge amount of infulunce on everyone... wheather you like it or not this is the truth.. and 75% of the ppl who watch tv actaully fall for the crap nd try to act or do whatever is on it ....... i dont think that tv is running the youth but the ppl who commit the crimes are more to blame then actual television.... 99% of kids should no form ehiter right or wrong ..you cant just blame what you did on televison....that's your stupidity for actualllly imatatiing what you saw when you know its all fiction

Newbie HyuugaNeji may be famous one day HyuugaNeji may be famous one day HyuugaNeji's Avatar
    Thanks
    more like bad parenting is the problem. i know cause my parents are way to trusting of me. i give them the same excuses everytime i go out and they believe me everytime. but i guess i earned their trust by doing good in school so yeah. they have no idea wat im up to at night lol

Newbie goten277 may be famous one day goten277 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Honestly many forms of media have a hand in the behavior of children. If you take a good look at all forms of media there is sex and violence is so common. They do have a responsibility but not the full responsibility, if a parent allows a child to be around the violence or sex without explaining the situation then ultimately the blame lies with the parents.

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    That is indeed a fair claim, however, one should be weary of making such simplest claims. That meaning, something so factual, so pragmatic sounding will usually be subject to great speculation.

Honestly, I do point to televisions as a tool of viciousness and vice, but TV is in many respects a product of the whims and ideas of the people.

I think the demise of televisions is the fault of the American people, and the chain effect ensues accordingly.

I think you'd well to research some literature on utilitarianism to gain a better understanding on this assertion. Though I'm not necessarily citing it...
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Newbie Aibaka may be famous one day Aibaka may be famous one day Aibaka's Avatar
    Thanks
    TV doesn't ruin kids parents not punishing there kids ruins kids but then again the parents are afraid to punish there kids because they dont' wanna get locked up for child abuse so don't blame i dont' beleive people should blame tv shows and anime and music in such when most of the time its the people who blame are the people who actually commit the crime besides in todays world its impossible to not see the real horrors of our society. Besides theres always the news. well i'm glad i got that off my chest

To the world you may just be one person, But to one person you may be the world.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4