Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the U.S. gov. trying to make us dumber?

Otaku Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267's Avatar
    Thanks

Is the U.S. gov. trying to make us dumber?

for some reason I read in the newpaper that the U.S. was lowering the standards of schools to have passing grade of 33% (in science)of the students in schools. If you aske me they are hiding something and also trying to make it so dumber people can pass through high school and get higher jobs, also they have in the army wall to wall flat screen tvs and they monitor live pictures of iraqi militant groups and have text messages to the armies on the ground in real time where as at school they dont, I think that the U.S. should make it a new building law that all houses should have broadband access and also teach students how to use all the new equipment or atleast have an optional course over it.
    Icy cold Toilet Paper!!!!

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It's all about the money. Parents complain to the schools that their kids aern't passing even though they pay tuition fees, or if the school is public and free, they still complain to the government that schools aern't providing adequate "education". Thats a load of B.$.!! Maybee if little jimmy stopped doing so much drugs at school, his grades would improve! Or maybee if he actually decided to do his homework. The school system is way too easy in America, and I hope that it doesn't become easier. It just makes our education seem rather worthless. Granted it hasn't gone to extremes yet, but step-by-step is how it creeps up on us. I blame the stupid people who wearn't taught enough in the first place. I guess they were too lazy to learn that lowering the bar DOESN'T help the whole.

Also about going as far as the slowest person in the class... Thats the most dumb thing I've ever heard. If they can't get it fast enough, fail his/her lazy @$$!!! The parents will be pissed, but they shouldn't be pissed at the school! They should be pissed at their kid. And if the kid has "special needs" there should be different classes or even schools to accomadate them. Even if they have a harder time at a subject, then there should be made special preperations to get him/her up to par in that area.

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks
    You cant only blame the child, nor can you blame the parents/society or the gov, Its easy to blame, but is the blame accurate or does the blame apply to all acedemic failures of children.

My cousin was expelled from different schools becouse he missbehaved(very badly), the teachers dismissed him as a bad kid although he did good work somtimes and made an effort, none of the teachers asked my cousin why, how he feels when he does something bad or leading up to his wrong action, His parents kept asking the teachers whether he had ADD or ADHD, they said no, after a few schools, his parents took him to a doctor, few diagnosis and scans, it turned out to be ADHD, no with medication hes back at school and getting great grades, only problem is, becouse of the medication he's lost a few stone in weight and is a little slim, he suffered from depression and became a different person.

Some children dont realised the importance of education, like me, It wasnt becouse I didnt care, I didnt realise, My mind wasnt built enough to comprehend nor did I have any ambition or desire, I was never shown that been more knowledgeble was beneficial, it wasnt something I experience and took in, among other problems, I was miss-diagnosed with Epilepsy, for those who have it, youre career future isnt as promising, you cannot operate machinery, watch flashy video which can potentially trigger epileptic fits, ride a bike, drive a car, among other things, I was told that the epilepsy can get alot worse, I was put on drugs, I ended up been on 12 pills a day(I think there were 400mg per pill). the pillls caused me to become very depressed and I had outbursts of anger. This happend in the last two years of high school which is the most inportant, its wehere all prep and course work begins which contribute to the overlall grade, then after school and I failed they told me that I didnt have epilepsy, me and another 150 kids where missdiagnosed by a doctor who wasnt qaulified to diagnose.

about 20/30 years ago, teachers and parents didnt know what ADD, ADHD or dyslexia was (among other nuruelogical disorders).

Allthough nuruelogical disorders are only contribitive to acedemic failures.

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikieru
    You cant only blame the child, nor can you blame the parents/society or the gov, Its easy to blame, but is the blame accurate or does the blame apply to all acedemic failures of children.

My cousin was expelled from different schools becouse he missbehaved(very badly), the teachers dismissed him as a bad kid although he did good work somtimes and made an effort, none of the teachers asked my cousin why, how he feels when he does something bad or leading up to his wrong action, His parents kept asking the teachers whether he had ADD or ADHD, they said no, after a few schools, his parents took him to a doctor, few diagnosis and scans, it turned out to be ADHD, no with medication hes back at school and getting great grades, only problem is, becouse of the medication he's lost a few stone in weight and is a little slim, he suffered from depression and became a different person.

Some children dont realised the importance of education, like me, It wasnt becouse I didnt care, I didnt realise, My mind wasnt built enough to comprehend nor did I have any ambition or desire, I was never shown that been more knowledgeble was beneficial, it wasnt something I experience and took in, among other problems, I was miss-diagnosed with Epilepsy, for those who have it, youre career future isnt as promising, you cannot operate machinery, watch flashy video which can potentially trigger epileptic fits, ride a bike, drive a car, among other things, I was told that the epilepsy can get alot worse, I was put on drugs, I ended up been on 12 pills a day(I think there were 400mg per pill). the pillls caused me to become very depressed and I had outbursts of anger. This happend in the last two years of high school which is the most inportant, its wehere all prep and course work begins which contribute to the overlall grade, then after school and I failed they told me that I didnt have epilepsy, me and another 150 kids where missdiagnosed by a doctor who wasnt qaulified to diagnose.

about 20/30 years ago, teachers and parents didnt know what ADD, ADHD or dyslexia was (among other nuruelogical disorders).

Allthough nuruelogical disorders are only contribitive to acedemic failures.
    That must've been really bad... Personally (not to make light of that particular situation), I refuse to take anything that alters the mind. The only things that are allowed to change my mind are peer pressure and anime . Games come later.

And about the statement of 33%... I didn't understand the point of that. Did you mean only 33% of the students had to pass science for a school to be "acceptable"?

Oh, yeah. That reminds me. Who here attended a school that flaunted a little "This school meets the Countries' School of Adequacy requirements"? I am. When I saw that little sign, it struck me that people really don't read the shiny things on walls... "Congratulations, your school is now ADEQUATE".
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

May
    Newbie May may be famous one day May may be famous one day May's Avatar
    Thanks
    Honestly... we make ourselves look dumber w/out the governments help...
    Instead of thinking about where you are, think about where you want to be.
    It takes twenty years of hard work to become an overnight success.

Newbie Nurika may be famous one day Nurika may be famous one day Nurika's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yea, I see your point, because they also lowered the regents cutline over here. The failing grade used to be a 65, now they turned it to a 55. Crazy changes huh?

Really doesn't make a difference though. And you really can't blame the government for this. Because either way, still half of the kids fail the exams. But then there are the kids who just pass by a 65, and say, "ok I'm good!" Seriously, kids these days, including myself are lazy and all procrastinators. Like, right now..right this minute..I'm supposed to be sleeping now, but instead I'm stuck here at the last minute doing my english essay due tomorrow. And of course, even NOW I'm not doing my work, because I'm on this forum. *sigh* The government isn't trying to make us dumber, more like making chances.

Besides, if you think about it, the exams aren't getting easier anyways. The new SATs I hear about..isn't good news. It's going down to bad news.

The Sock Puppet Queen

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    we are already dumb, I mean you won't be smart with only manga, anime and games, atleast im not.

Otaku Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267's Avatar
    Thanks
    well that wasnt exactly my point, the gov. is making it so our generations whom are able to get jobs are as smart in other words they are crowding the intulectuals, i personaly think they are hiding something, i might just be superstitious but why else would they change it i mean i go to a nice school but the only people who fail do it on purpose because they are either dumbasses, or they are deliberatly lazy and dont do homework.
    Icy cold Toilet Paper!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast