View Poll Results: U.S.A PATRIOT act of 2001 helping on war on terror?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 23.08%
  • No

10 76.92%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: U.S.A PATRIOT act of 2001... good or bad?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: U.S.A PATRIOT act of 2001... good or bad?

Since every study done (no matter who did it) has found NO abuses of the act, and it does provide necessary options for investigating suspected terrorists, I have no problem with it.

Heck, if Pelosi can support it anyone should be able to.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see anything good about it, everything I've read makes it sound like a huge invasion of privacy.

I'm glad we don't have to put with that stuff here.

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Since every study done (no matter who did it) has found NO abuses of the act, and it does provide necessary options for investigating suspected terrorists, I have no problem with it.

Heck, if Pelosi can support it anyone should be able to.
    ...no abuses? No need to study it, it's happening right in front of you. Last year, when everyone was still paranoid, a friend of my sister's got into a fight with his no-good-brother. They weren't punching or anything, just shouting, but seeing as how it was late at night, the neighbors called the police. The police came and took my sister's friend away (and the brother stayed!), and no one ever saw him again. He was juuust about to graduate college, too. Same with my dad's friends down in Texas. Just because they were middle-eastern? Hundreds of "terrorist suspects" are shivering in some prison in the middle of nowhere, still wondering what got them in there, and wondering whether their family knows where they are (which they don't).

My family is lying low and trying not to get mingled with the law, for fear that something like that might happen to us.

*snorts* No abuses...
    関西は最高やねん

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sei-chan
    and no one ever saw him again.
    I seriously doubt that. Doesn't matter how you look at it, Thats Kidnapping. and the whole "My friends brother got into a fight with their sister", sounds like one of those "Friend of a friend of mine" stories.

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah it's kidnapping. But the government can seriously take you away and put you somewhere else if you are suspected of being a terrorist. I knew the guy he was quiet and really smart and excited to graduate!
    関西は最高やねん

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2