Thread: Underlying Psychology

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

Underlying Psychology

The question is: have some of you, like me, thought about psychological aspects of manga/anime stories, characters, and/or worlds?

Well this thread is mostly a result from a little deviant thread in the "ban mangas from public schools libraries" thread. The example taken in that thread was that of Ranma 1/2 where somebody mentioned that it "showed people to changing sex". My response being that it also showed to people that persons are made up of different percentages of masculine/feminine personality (psychological theory) and made people understand, or at least feel, that more.

Many other mangas/animes have an impact on the psychological aspects of ourselves. This is just a mere example.

What do you think?

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Have you heard of Evangelion??? Or maybee serial experiment lain??

Psycology is prevelently portrayed in animes such as these.

Also, psycology seeped into my mind and personality from anime character.... I seemed to noticed that I act like anime characters more often and stuff..scary.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally, the mumbo jumbo in animes is just amusing and thought-provoking to me. just another view i didn't think of sort of thing. But I can definatly see in one of my friends, anime has effected him deeply psychologically. I suppose it works in some degree, it depends on the person.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes I know both Evangelion and Serial Experiments Lain, and of course they gave me profound psychological thinking along with philosophical one.

Yes, I start to behave somewhat anime-ish sometimes too, and I kind of like it

Newbie jaiden may be famous one day jaiden may be famous one day jaiden's Avatar
    Thanks
    herm...interesting question psychology is a pet fasiantion..just didnt try ahrd enought so couldnt get into uni to do it..
    but yeah there are many underlying things in many anime, but then there only there if you look. It doesn't nescisarily mean that was the intention of teh writers, but instead its the way we look at it.

personally i think that there are underlying things that make yuo think about urself and ur nature (be it intentional or not) but i know many other people who just see (eg Ranma) as a love story showing yuo gotta think about other ppl's feellings, which is just the surphace of my opinion about it expressing the duality of human nature blablabla..

Newbie ShadowSleeper may be famous one day ShadowSleeper may be famous one day ShadowSleeper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally, I believe I'm of the school of thought where if "it provokes a feeling, then the artist has succeeded." If it leaves an impression and makes you think of it as more than just a show to watch, then it's a job well done in the name of the artists.

Even One Piece, for all of its comedic aspects, has quite a few psychological instances. You can cite any of the characters pasts and have it evoke an emotion within you. If you feel an attachment to that character, then your psyche has seen something within that character worth paying attention to.

Blargh. My mind is to fragmented right now to give a decent train of thought.

Newbie camathalion may be famous one day camathalion may be famous one day
    Thanks
    shaman king gimme weired ideas. and i realized im starting to act like rurouni kenshin. scary.