Thread: Unmountable_boot_volume????

Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Unmountable_boot_volume????

what the hell is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME? and how do i get rid of it?
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Otaku nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Unmountable_boot_volume????

maybe it's something to do with the sound card or something.
    lead me not to temptation... i can find it myself

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

it has to do with drives, most likely a hard drive, but it depends on the context.

Edit----------

Ok, I guess that wasn't very helpfull....so here goes.

You need to give more information, becuase this message could mean several different things- some not too bad, and others very, very bad.

-Did you install any new hardware recently? Or mess around with your bios?

Most of the time, this message pops up when booting (turning on your computer), when the machine can not find the boot software (OS, OS Shell). This can mean many things. Hopefull, you just changed the order of boot devices or removed your C drive from the boot list. This is easily fixed through BIOS. Your PC may be trying to boot off the A, CD, DVD, or slave drive. In this case, there is no OS on these (unless you have a recovery disk in an optical drive).

On the bad side, you could have a fault on your C drive. You should run check-disk.

In the worst case senario, you may have accidentally erased, reformmated, or fatally corrupted your drive. So when you computer turns on, it can't find the "boot volume". Hopefully it is not this last one, because you have lost your drive and everything on it.....that is, or course, unless you are willing to pay a recovery company lots of money to save your personal files.
    Last edited by know1; Mar 02, 2006 at 11:05 AM.

Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

never mind about it guys, i found out how to fix it... thnank god for dell.com...even though it rarely helps, it did help me for once...
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!