Thread: Untranslated Manga

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Untranslated Manga

I was in my local Waldenbooks this afternoon buying the Young Master a new Dr. Seuss book when I happened upon something interesting.

Waldenbooks is now selling manga that is untranslated. That's right, folks. All of you who like to complain about the translation of your favorite manga can now buy select titles (from TokyoPop) at Waldenbooks in the original Japanese and translate them yourself!
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

According to a news blurb dated Feb 08, 2005 on Anime News Network, this is a limited test marketing of Imported Manga at select Borders and Waldenbooks stores. Not all stores will participate in this, and stores that are a part of this may carry different selections of imported Manga titles...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    I guess the large Japanese population in my area prompted my local store to be one of the test locations.

Cool.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow that's cool... hope it takes off so it can benefit everyone over there.
    It would be cool if Borders started carrying the stuff, but I don't know how well it would do. Here's hoping. Maybe the next step would be bringing out original Japanese artbooks and magazines.
    But yeah, I've been able to buy untranslated manga and artbooks forever, since there's a Kinokuniya (japanese bookstore) where I live. It's actually the only one in my country and only one out of five I think that aren't in Japan. *Kino my hero*
    I can't see why they haven't opened one in America yet. It would do so well I believe.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"