Upgrade to CS/8.0?
I was just curious if anybody out there thinks it's worth it to upgrade to Photoshop CS/8.0, whichever you'd like to call it (i'll stick with CS from now on). I have photoshop 7 right now and it's wonderful, but as with all things, imaging technology advances.
Of course, it doesn't always advance in the right direction.
So if you've used photoshop CS, please let me know if it will make my life (or at least my wallpaper design) any easier, or if its basically just the same thing repackaged with a newer name.
I wouldn't upgrade CS is nothing but a buggy version of 7 right now.
I have CS and its not buggy at all, and it works faster than Photoshop 7. Maybe you got a pirated version?? Cs has its advances over 7, but if you have photoshop already, that good enough. The advances probably dont warent getting another version of PS.
Originally Posted by Kamui Shirou
Last edited by Miroku4444; Dec 17, 2004 at 01:34 AM.
Nope all the software I have I buy. I don't trust them P2P sites anyways and its against the law ^_^ But I guess it must of been my experiences with CS that made it bad I guess
Originally Posted by kastelic4444
To sum it up, some of the most intriguing differences between CS and 7 :
- the shortcuts/hotkeys... most of them are changed... but still, you can customise them from the options, but why bother?
- the color calibration... CS uses the new sRGB ramp designed for better compatibility for the web , but from what I experienced,.... my old sRGB profile (which is universally calibrated : including my scanner, Corel softwares I use, and printer... ) does not work properly.... T_T ... I mean, the color is not exactly the same like when I used 7
- incompatibility with some older plug-ins... (some I still use, and since I use PS5.5 ... sooo it's not good for me )
- CS eats more RAM and bigger swapfile in general, although insignificant...
- loading times are longer T_T
but still, the advantages of CS :
- better compatibility with web contents
- more effects (damn... fiber >.< )
- more tools
I have them both, but I still stick to PS7 unless I have a job which urgently requires CS