Thread: Upgrade to CS/8.0?

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks

Upgrade to CS/8.0?

Hey everyone,

I was just curious if anybody out there thinks it's worth it to upgrade to Photoshop CS/8.0, whichever you'd like to call it (i'll stick with CS from now on). I have photoshop 7 right now and it's wonderful, but as with all things, imaging technology advances.

Of course, it doesn't always advance in the right direction.

So if you've used photoshop CS, please let me know if it will make my life (or at least my wallpaper design) any easier, or if its basically just the same thing repackaged with a newer name.

thanks ^_^

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    I wouldn't upgrade CS is nothing but a buggy version of 7 right now.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamui Shirou
    I wouldn't upgrade CS is nothing but a buggy version of 7 right now.
    I have CS and its not buggy at all, and it works faster than Photoshop 7. Maybe you got a pirated version?? Cs has its advances over 7, but if you have photoshop already, that good enough. The advances probably dont warent getting another version of PS.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Dec 17, 2004 at 01:34 AM.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    I have CS and its not buggy at all, and it works faster than Photoshop 7. Maybe you got a pirated version?? Cs has its advances over 7, but if you have photoshop already, that good enough. The advances probably dont warent getting another version of PS.
    Nope all the software I have I buy. I don't trust them P2P sites anyways and its against the law ^_^ But I guess it must of been my experiences with CS that made it bad I guess

Newbie KorganoS may be famous one day KorganoS may be famous one day KorganoS's Avatar
    Thanks

To sum it up, some of the most intriguing differences between CS and 7 :
    - the shortcuts/hotkeys... most of them are changed... but still, you can customise them from the options, but why bother?
    - the color calibration... CS uses the new sRGB ramp designed for better compatibility for the web , but from what I experienced,.... my old sRGB profile (which is universally calibrated : including my scanner, Corel softwares I use, and printer... ) does not work properly.... T_T ... I mean, the color is not exactly the same like when I used 7
    - incompatibility with some older plug-ins... (some I still use, and since I use PS5.5 ... sooo it's not good for me )
    - CS eats more RAM and bigger swapfile in general, although insignificant...
    - loading times are longer T_T

but still, the advantages of CS :
    - better compatibility with web contents
    - more effects (damn... fiber >.< )
    - more tools

I have them both, but I still stick to PS7 unless I have a job which urgently requires CS