Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: is the US stopping copyright violaters?

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm..ive answered to a thread like this bfore...maybe from the previous AO?? Well neway...i personally would think no...cuz if they permenantly some how ban it...there would be a super wide disruption between the US Government and pretty much...most of its yound people who are gonna be the US's next generation...First of all...i would think that the US Gov wouldnt want to becuz they would want to prevent another Civil War to come along and make North America a vulnerable place for other countries to ge involved and soon takeover the US....Second of all...The US wants the voice of the crowd of the "soon to be working in the US" meaning all the young peeps to be on their side...i would think that after the banning of dl stuff would probly cause a few riots to pop up at some point in time....

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with everyone, and honestly there's always that one kid who's smart enough to start a new wave of piracy.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I know that they can and can't. I have seen many sites "dissapear" suddenly. Also I know too much(but never use) sites of a distainable nature.

There are really way too much to look for, but they seem to find the really big ones in a year or two.

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Animewolf267
    However if they rigged the site to a counter and it sent the ip adress of the hit to a computer for tracking they could see who the computer belongs to and where they live ect.
    That in itself is illegal, and it's called invasion of privacy, and also, that would violate alot of contracts between customers and their isps, meaning information about them was leaked out.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-paranoia
    That in itself is illegal, and it's called invasion of privacy, and also, that would violate alot of contracts between customers and their isps, meaning information about them was leaked out.
    But if they were first doing something illegal in the first place there are measures the government could go to do do something like that.

Think of it like a Search Warrant.

I don't think any of you really understands the Seriousness of downloading copyrighted music illegally off the internet. Anyone that does know the consequences would certainly not be talking like they're invincible. If The Government DOES stop all illegal downloads of copyrighted music, and maintains and keeps it that way There is nothing anyone can do about it to change it. IT was illegal in the first place, you can still download if you do it legally.

Or How about...Get a Job? That works for me.

Hmmm..ive answered to a thread like this bfore...maybe from the previous AO?? Well neway...i personally would think no...cuz if they permenantly some how ban it...there would be a super wide disruption between the US Government and pretty much...most of its yound people who are gonna be the US's next generation...First of all...i would think that the US Gov wouldnt want to becuz they would want to prevent another Civil War to come along and make North America a vulnerable place for other countries to ge involved and soon takeover the US....Second of all...The US wants the voice of the crowd of the "soon to be working in the US" meaning all the young peeps to be on their side...i would think that after the banning of dl stuff would probly cause a few riots to pop up at some point in time....
    .....wtf? :Thumbd:

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    the people from valve already did something similar when hl2 1st came out, that's how they went about and banned 40k-50k cd keys. what they did was advertise their own hl2 torrent which the way bittorrent works, displays their ip addresses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2