Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: User Profile features--

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks

User Profile features--

Two things I really liked about the old profiles were that users could leave comments about you on your profile and as well you there was a link that took you to that user's gallery.

Some other ideas:

-Favorite Journal entries (of their own and others)

-Favorite Galleries

-Favorite links

-Extended Mini bio? (room to write a paragraph or so)

-Preview box for lastest journal entry and/or forum post.

At the moment, profiles are very plain and empty looking, which some may see as a good thing, but I thought I'd mention some things that I liked from this and other sites.

Thanks

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    I agree about the feedback that other user give about us. or the other ideas, favorite journal entries migh be a little not appropriate cause I don't really know if some read the journal, or the link, some may use this feature to make promo of site.

The mini bio is kinda good.

Those might be great to do.....
    Coming soon.........

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Aye, I like some of those ideas. I would like to see the member profile comments reinstated for sure.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    you guys are forgeting that most of the stuff that was on the old AO was from a previus versioin of Vbulletin. Meaning Some of the stuff your requesting probobly dosen't exist for this version yet. and we can't "Downgrade" to a previus version because everyone would have to start over again and I don't think you guys want to do that.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    you guys are forgeting that most of the stuff that was on the old AO was from a previus versioin of Vbulletin. Meaning Some of the stuff your requesting probobly dosen't exist for this version yet. and we can't "Downgrade" to a previus version because everyone would have to start over again and I don't think you guys want to do that.
    So, the newer version lost some abilities the old version had?
    pff

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    it didn't lose them. they havent been implemented yet. theres a difference.

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Heheh...i think i would agree on the mini bio thingy, but the others seem a little bit old sorta, not saying its a bad thing, but hey, it would atleast make people look at your profile at least, now you dont have to look at people and wonder if they are a gurl or guy like Jaderabbit XD..jus kidding =D, i love you guyz ^^

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider2004
    it didn't lose them. they havent been implemented yet. theres a difference.

No, they were lost. Many of the profile features present in Paleo-AO were custom hacks implemented by Ewdi or NanoEntity. All the features that once existed but are not in the profiles now were custom features added over the 2+ years that Ewdi owned AO.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast