Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Utterly childish nonsense (in regards to this NY thread and ones of similar nature)

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Utterly childish nonsense (in regards to this NY thread and ones of similar nature)

I'm going to be honest, I just read some New York thread and lost a rather large chunk of respect for some of the members I enjoy having here. By all accounts what was posted in that thread at the beginning was in fact an atrosity (one that to me no apology from a radio station makes up for) however the hateful downright psycotic replies that followed were by no means any less sadistic or sick in nature. Honestly the level of "hollier than thou" attitude in that thread was absolutely sickening. And some of you that posted in that thread should feel downright ashamed and if you dont then I feel sorry for you enough for the both of us.

Dissappointed. Thats what I feel, pure absolute dissappointment that people in a community thats been together for 5 years can spew such nonsense as what I read. The fact is our community is built on a foundation of cultures from all stretches of this planet. And for it to suddenly become a sesspool of such baltant disregard for others backgrounds makes me sick to my stomach. And this goes for a lot of threads it just so happens this one has broke me into seeing its a larger problem and not an "every once in awhile" event.

We come here because we for the most part can set aside details such as where your from and can hold discuissions, make jokes, friends, and not worry about where they come from and especially not put it down in such a way as to be malicious to those who are supposed to be our friends. Yes the net is full of people and no I dont expect even 10 percent of them to all get along. But the fact is we for all intensive purposes HAVE gotten along. With a very small # ever being problems and those always filtered out.

I always brag about our community to others because we dont have the multitude of issues others do. Because we have on some level always remained a level of civility and respect for others. And yet with the event of one person/s evil we have people completely condem a country. We could easily then be turned around and people hate on another country for attacking theres while its nothing more than one or two ignorant children ranting. Regardless of how distatsful I find a person I do not wish to think their entire country is like that as I know better as so should all of you. How many of you have friends on here that aren't from the same country as you? yet you'll suddenly bash their country and threaten it, exactly what kind of friend do you consider yourself.

These actions make it hard for me to brag about some of you anymore, it as I said makes me ashamed. Since I give you the freedom to speak your mind believing you would take into account a level of dignity towards others that I dont have to watch you like small children. I can't even get mad about it I'm so let down by so many.

Well I said more then I cared to I will only mention this, the days of "let it slide" remarks are over. I'm beyond tired of it. Next time you feel like ranting at another persons culture you better make sure its important enough to you to lose your account. Because thats exactly whats going to happen. I've told you people before if its something that seriously offends/bothers you that you need to bring it to my attention. Take it into your own hands and you are acceptable the consequences of such action.

I am wondering now if this feeling I have is of embarassment for starting this community and keeping it alive for so long, if in the end all that happens is we have the pitfalls of being just as ignorant as the people we used to poke fun at because they couldn't set aside small things such as their cultural/financial/religious backgrounds and get along with people who while different share the same interests/hobbies/and enjoyements.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    I appologise to the ppl of animeonline if anyone was offended by my words. The bashing of said country in that thread, really upset me and I lost it!! I apologise!!It wont happen again.

Cybergig1 right "our community is built on a foundation of cultures from all stretches of this planet.". "We come here because we for the most part can set aside details such as where your from and can hold discuissions, make jokes, friends, and not worry about where they come from and especially not put it down in such a way as to be malicious to those who are supposed to be our friends."

I totally agree with his above said statement and will abide by that way of thinking!!

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    I also would like to add in something. If your going to Rant that is what the jorunal system on this board is there for. You don't need to make public thread about it. Also The 2 that down right posted harmful nonsence in that thread. It was totaly wrong of you. I always thought being a mod of the best community on the net was the greatest thing. Now that I have saw that thread. Im ashamed to even talk about AO out of the forum. I mean seriusly. you guys should know better then that stuff.

I really like AO and want to keep it as clean as posible. So help Us keep it clean and don't post stuff like that again

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    heard and understood, almight cybergig1!

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I myself never posted on that topic. Atleast I think so. So, to hear this from an admin. This tells me a lot about some of the members on AO.
    Seduced by Flesh

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    To everyone at AO:

If I made any comment that was unacceptable, inapropriate, or unreasonable, I appologize. Having realized what I may have said convicted me and I will not let it happen again. I realize that just consequences must accompany unjust action, and therefore fully aprove and agree with what cybergig1 had to say.

I also feel the need to apologize to myself for being such an unjust man and a person who still has issues to deal with. I should have been better and I understand that what I did was wrong and wholeheartedly unacceptable. Feelings and Thoughts of the people at AO should, without a doubt, be held in the highest regard. Them and their countries should not have been put out like that, and I now realize my error. There is absolutly NO excuse for my ardent behavior in such a message.

I again would like to stress that I appologize for my unreasonable conduct and I also appologize to any AO member who was hurt by any of my remarks.

With regrets,
    ~Youth_anime_fan

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I wasn't involved in that partivular thread, but I'm sure that I've said a few things that may have cause some offence to another. And I'm sure that I will slip up and say something of the sort again, however I can promise that I won't conciously discrimenant against anyone for any reason.

If I'm going to have foul feelings towards someone it's going to be because of their actions not because of race, status, or the such. But even if I am to have such feelings I would not openly display them within the forum area.

And I must also say that I am behind you Cybergig1 in your decisions with dealing with those that would do such things.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well slips happen, I'm not telling everyone to be "perfect to all mankind" or anything crazy. But you know theres limits to playing and going insanely too far. Again not pointing out people. This is a general consensus on things that we all need to change in one way or another and help out with/watch out for. Just makes us tighter

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast