Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Day in Japan...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Valentine's Day in Japan...

wassup one and all!

i'm planning a super big Vaentine's Day bash for my one and only and i need your help!!!

i've heard from VERY reliable sources that V-day in Japan is very different (and more romantic) than here in America...

it's custom that the boys will give the girls lots of white gifts (flowers, plushies, candy, letters... you know, mushy stuff), but that a white ribbion means... something about being together forever and all those wonderful things...

so i wuz wondering if any of you kids know any more about this wonderful tradition from our friends in the east!

so if you can help, that's great! if you can't... don't spam...

:: peace sign:: Abu Dhabi

Otaku Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Valentine's Day in Japan...

um, I could be just blowing smoke, but I thought it was the otherway around. I thought girls gave guys presents in Japan on Valentines.

champion of all champions banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03's Avatar
    Thanks

w8.. valentines.. let me think.. ahm... if you'rethe boy you should ask the girl for a date.. maybe a candle light dinner would do.. it would be romantic.. and gave ur valentines gift to her like stuff toy.. roses.. or anything.. or maybe u set up a surprise that u think she u would be hapi..
    but i need you here tonight
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight
    i really really need you here tonight

Newbie DeadR3dOne_Xll may be famous one day DeadR3dOne_Xll may be famous one day DeadR3dOne_Xll's Avatar
    Thanks

iv read in a manga (love hina) that if your the dude you take the chick out on a date if you like there v-day(i gess thats what were calling it)gift.
    i think thats cool. i may be wroung thow.-.-;
    "in the land of the blind ,the one eyed man is king"-some movie'-_-

Otaku raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424's Avatar
    Thanks

ya flowers is somthing that they love and gifts and mushy stuff like you said maybe the girls give the guys stuff. I know from movies and such girls seem to make the first move and are more forward then north american women.
    Full Metal Alchemist - Anime news information and lots of fun.
    Anime Gallery - Check out the image gallery for some cool anime pictures.
    Anime Forums - Join my anime forums and help us grow while talking about what you love best anime!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

¬.¬ It wasn't exactly my choice to post on here...
    I was sorta'... beckoned.

-.-

-_- *ahem* ... Valentine's Day is an American holiday.
    What you're referring to is White Day. Which is on March 14th.

The woman gives the man a present, and the man gives a present back... or send one they are romantically interested in.

The men usually receive gifts or chocolates. The women can receive almost ANYTHING. ... as the superstition goes: cookies mean "I love you", candies mean "I like you", and white chocolate means "lets be friends"... some men may be lucky enough to score a wallet or two. And the women, might not be so surprised when the men give them lingerie.

... <_< As to the white ribbon... >_> Well... it's only in some parts of Japan that the white ribbon is more..... *famous*.

As if to say that they are tied forever in their love.... >_> Sorta' like the red ties of fate, y'know? ............. <_< wait.........

red........... white.............

=u=;; Eheh, them Japanese are sure loyal to their flags...

White Day is not as famous as Valentines Day... of course globally, but interestingly enough: not even in Japan.

But they still do it. How do you know they're having White Day?

....... you see several couples in shopping districts, touring around and enjoying the weather or what not. ^_^ ...........

¬u¬;; There, I'm done... can I go now?

Otaku nightsly may be famous one day nightsly may be famous one day nightsly's Avatar
    Thanks

Heh thats nice. but V-day is just a day I thought americans made up, I didint kno it waz known around the world.
    I like valantines day mainly because its my B-day and I get dubble the love.

Otaku *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura*'s Avatar
    Thanks

Hehe...Soshi-Chan already said what I wanted to say, but I would still try to explain it in my own words for you, Abu-Chan.

It is a custom for a Japanese woman to present a box full of chocolates on the Valetine's day in Japan to the men. In fact, there are two different types of chocolate boxes that they buy. One of them can be given to any men, just to show your friendly like to your co-workers, and to your male employer...etc, where as the other one is given to your special someone.

From what I have seen, the chocolate box that you buy for the special someone are a lot more expenisve than the ones that you buy for your male friends. Hehe...not to mention...it is huge business, too. The sales in the chocolate shops raise high like crazy...especially on that time...and the seller love it...

::Kedar says:: It is an excellent marketing techique...the ladies here are actually encourged to buy those chocolates for their loved ones (male). Haha...I think it is humilating for a male person to not receive one! For the one that they truly love, they will also present some clothes and other neat thing along with the chocolates. Let me tell you, the chocolates are delicious...especially receiving from a sweet lady.

As Soshi-Chan mentioned, there is this other day, on which men are supposed to give chocolates to the woman from whom they received chocolates from. The day is March the 14th. If you have noticed, it is just one month after the Feb. 14th. Those men BETTER remember to give chocolates in white boxes to the woman, from who they received chocolates...if not...we will assassinate them...hehe...joking. I believe it is just to see if the men remember their loved one or not. Hehe...they even send remainders to eachother...to be on the safe side.

That is it!!! Hehe...it is a unique tradition...but some other countries have their own, which is cool, too. ^_^ I wonder how many boxes that I will be buying...just ONE...for my love!!!

Hehe...Wow! I had enough time to reply for my wonderful friend's post...BYES.
    *^-^* Thank you SasuraiHell *^-^*

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast