Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vampire Princess Miyu TV

Newbie MaddeningShroud may be famous one day MaddeningShroud may be famous one day MaddeningShroud's Avatar
    Thanks

Vampire Princess Miyu TV

I wanted to know what other people thought of this since I never see much discussion on it. I was able to get the out of print boxset off EBAY for only $65, and I was psyched to finally watch this.

I really enjoyed the episodic feel to the show, and the interactions of the Shinma on people's lives in each episode, and how it didn't always focus on Miyu alone. The characters were awesome, especially Miyu and Larva. The dub was thoroughly enjoyable as well for the most part, and I was really emersed into the world.

The ending was very unexpected and surprising. I loved how it showed the full extent of her melancholic destiny. So what does everyone else who's seen it think?
    -------------------------------------------

Into the darkness SHINMA!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I actually enjoyed this show. I rented a DVD from my local Blockbuster. I was sad to have only 3 or 4 eppies.
    Seduced by Flesh

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now don't mistake the 1988 OVA series (which only had 4 episodes) with the 1997-98 TV series remake which had 26 episodes. In both cases, Vampire Princess is one of the better Vampire/Demon hunter anime series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Aye I saw the OVA years ago... dubbed too. I really liked it, despite the bad dubbing it had.
    I've been meaning to buy the TV series for months, but never get around to it. Might think about buying it soon *since it's $119 over here for the boxset (legit and brand new)

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie MaddeningShroud may be famous one day MaddeningShroud may be famous one day MaddeningShroud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hikari Sakurai, you might want to try Ebay if you don't mind it. (I know some people refuse to use Ebay.) That's where I found mine for only $65, and I saw one yesterday that was brand new, it has about 5 or 4 days left, and the starting bid was a penny. It's really worth it. I put the charm bracelet that comes with it on my keychain, and it looks really cool. <----- is a nerd.
    -------------------------------------------

Into the darkness SHINMA!

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't buy DVDs off ebay anymore because they are usually always bootleg, or the legit ones are in America which would cost me an arm and a leg in shipping costs and the exchange rate (I live in Australia)
    Trust me, even if I buy it for $65 US, I'd still end up paying $100AUS for it..... it's just easier for me to swing in after work into Kinokuniya and buy it.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie Kaoru may be famous one day Kaoru may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I have seen, eight episodes i believe.
    I quite enjoyed it, i also found it slightly morbid o.o

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have all the dvds of this series, and I really enjoyed it. It was hard watching Miyu struggle with her emotions for her friend after she became her enemy. Miyu really grew in that series, from a somewhat cold-blooded killer to someone who learned that there is value in human lives. Her realtionship with Larva was also very well expressed.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast