Thread: vandread

Newbie kogomi88 may be famous one day kogomi88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

vandread

what is the deal with vandread, its a nice anime but i don't get it. so are they lesbians or what? since they talk about marrying omen which is women who are considered men because they live in an all women's world. uh.....but then aren't they suppose to be wiped out since two women can have children? this show makes me ANGRY U DON'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY! AHHHHHHHHHH. but seriously i'm a little bit confused

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: vandread

Grumble Grumble Grumble

It's explained in one of the episodes that the planet of ALL women use genetic engineering technology to fuse two eggs together to form a embryo to be implanted, while the planet of ALL men use a simular technology, plus artificial wombs to create children...

Vandread is not the first anime series to have a planet of a single sex. 'Saber Marionette' is another anime series (which predates Vandread) with a planet of ALL males, and what they do to deal with the problem...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

I just saw episodes 3 & 4 which allude to this. Be patient kogomi88, there's an explanation for the sexist attitudes of the Men Planet & Female Planet. It's important to the series.

Vandread is really a lot of fun. Even though the women are often "over-animated" and the formula is a bit old (self-doubting boy meets girl and love conquers all). I haven't watched it all yet, but I suspect a shojou anime story disguised as shounen mecha action series.

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

This was one the first animes that got me in to the whole anime thing. It is in my opinion the best anime i'v seen next to Ranma 1/2. What you have to get over is the whole lesbian gay thing. It has one of the best story lines and it's 3D space battles are awesome

Newbie naska may be famous one day naska may be famous one day naska's Avatar
    Thanks

for real.. Vandread is mother loving great.. made me cry at 2 parts.. very very well done anime. Just keep quiet and hold in that anger.. ull be enjoying it ALOT more later down the road.