Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: vergetarian

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: vergetarian

Quote Originally Posted by emo_tears
    i'm not a veggie, and i agree that killing animals for food is right, its what they were created for and we were created to eat reproduce and basically survive, and so i have no problem with it. what i dont think is right is killing things for personal gain such as furs or ivory, and i dont believe in sacrifial killing either, its not part of our purpose, but yeah, im goin off track
    First of all, human beings are a type of animal, so be more specific when saying animals. "Animals" were not created to be on our menu. And when you say created, what do you mean? Who created them?

As for the whole "We were created to eat and reproduce" so were the so called animals you said were created to be eaten.

And killing animals for food is personal gain. We mass produce cows and mass kill them for personal gain, for money and food. If we were not killing cows solely for personal gain, we'd be doing it the same way every other animals does it to get food, out in a field with our bare hands, no guns, no weapons. Gee I wonder who would win then? If we were really created to kill and eat the "animals" of the earth, don't you think we'd be a bit bigger with sharper teeth and sharper claws?

If it wasn't for our unfair advantages we'd be at the bottom of the food chain, or pretty close to it.
    Last edited by Meiwaku; Jul 21, 2005 at 09:28 PM.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    First of all, human beings are a type of animal, so be more specific when saying animals. "Animals" were not created to be on our menu. And when you say created, what do you mean? Who created them?

As for the whole "We were created to eat and reproduce" so were the so called animals you said were created to be eaten.

And killing animals for food is personal gain. We mass produce cows and mass kill them for personal gain, for money and food. If we were not killing cows solely for personal gain, we'd be doing it the same way every other animals does it to get food, out in a field with our bare hands, no guns, no weapons. Gee I wonder who would win then? If we were really created to kill and eat the "animals" of the earth, don't you think we'd be a bit bigger with sharper teeth and sharper claws?

If it wasn't for our unfair advantages we'd be at the bottom of the food chain, or pretty close to it.

Its not personal gain its for survival. We do it for food in those cases, not for a prize. Also theres lot more worse things to worry about like the ozone layer.

Meat.............Mmmmmmmmmm..Chomp chomp!!

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animechick
    do you think its right to killa niemal to eat? everyone knows we can live without meat...so wats ur opinion? i think its alright to do...wat ur opi?
    Vergetarian, eh?

No, I don't think it's ok to kill niemals to eat, but animals, sure. Veggie-eaters are fun to hassle sometimes, but I really don't mind it in the end. It's just their hobby, so to speak.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Its not personal gain its for survival. We do it for food in those cases, not for a prize. Also theres lot more worse things to worry about like the ozone layer.

Meat.............Mmmmmmmmmm..Chomp chomp!!
    Yeah but do you really think mass killing cows and mass producing meat which some of it goes to waste in the garbage is for survival? Ha. Meat companies make a killing off of that they don't give a damn about survival.

I'm not saying we shouldn't eat meat because killing animals is cruel. Because when it's for food it's not cruel, it's for survival. But the way we go about producing it I just don't believe it's for survival anymore. It's all about the money.
    We really don't need to be killing as many cows/pigs/chickens as we are. Especially the western world, we take meat for granted.

And the ozone layer is a totally different subject all together. (sunblock helps)
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Newbie conan lover may be famous one day conan lover may be famous one day conan lover's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah plus ther going to dye any way so we should end ther pain and misery - and its the food chain and we cant mess up it lololo.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

I gladly embrace my Carnivorous side, meat is something i couldn't possibly do without. Steak,beef,chicken,ribs. Oh lordy......my primal half is coming to the surface again..

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now putting aside moral issues of vegetarianism, and discounting the existence of bio-engineered and radiation induced mutant yeast strains and vitamin supplements, the scientific fact is that a human using traditional food sources, cannot survivie on a pure vegetarian diet (with no animal based food sources). The reason for this is not because of protein/amino acid requirements, (as it's possible to get all 22 amino acids with a balanced vegetarian diet), and it's not required minerals (as all are available in a vegetarian diet). The limiting factor is the human diet requirement for Vitamin B-12.

The only known rich vegetarian source of vitamin B-12 is the cyano-bacteria Spirulena, which is normally considered a food of last resort. (This means, if your only choice was to starve to death, or eat slimy green pond scum that only grows in lakes of volcanic lye...) There are other vegetarian sources of B-12, such as Miso (fermented Soy Bean paste) and the European medicinal herb Borage (Borago Officinalis), and certain species of mushrooms, but these are considered either poor sources, or seasonal (mushrooms)

A little research will show that all the traditional vegetarian diets always provide some kind of animal food source. India Hindu's allow dairy products in their diet. Japanese Zen Buddist consider anything cold blooded fair game, etc. etc. It is only the modern development of chemically synthesised vitamin compounds that make a 'pure' vegetarian diet possible...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks
    What is my opinion? My opinon is that I wish people would proofread their posts a bit before creating threads or pressing the "reply" button. That was just, painful.
    .^_^. I couldn't help but think the same thing. I needed a translator...

On to the question! I think eating meat is fine. I also think the people who don't have got to have some strong willpower because I know I would never be able to do that.

>Signed by someone who is happy to be back at AO because she's missed it<

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast