Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: video crash alert

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks

Angry video crash alert

I'm having a serious prob when listening to video file with Win media player and VLC player. The video or sound stop when watching video and cause the prgm to close.

I've tried to read the troubleshoting from Windows, but this is no use... Here is the event viewer message for the crash.
    Faulting application vlc.exe, version 0.8.0.0, faulting module libmpgatofixed32_plugin.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00002f67.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I hope than some of you may have awnser cause this prob really piss me off.
    Coming soon.........

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    looks like the video file is corrupt or you have a corrupt codec. does this happen with any other movie files or just this one?

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Thanks
    This appen for all video on my PC
    Coming soon.........

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    does anything simmilar happen with different programs? (games, etc.)

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Thanks
    Not really. It started a while ago. But the funny thing is that I just reformated My comp and the little bug still here.....Graaaawww I can't even watch my anime.
    Coming soon.........

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Well, it could be a couple of different problems... but are you running the video off a dvd, or a .avi file? (or other movie file)

#1) You could try to reload windows media player 10 on your computer with the codec.

#2) You have some sort of virus if your computer is a peice of junk( i bet its not)

#3) This isn't quite as serious as mine, but on my computer it stalls up, and i have to click the slide bar to get the video going again. this happenes with a less than up-to-it processor speed with big sized video. I have a 2.4 gig processor, and it still stalls up. If your processor power is less than adaquate, it may have problems with the video.

--- have you been playing the video stuff ok before you reformatted it?

Thanks
    OK maybe I shall tell my tale.

For about 6 month, The prob have come. I've quit listening to fan subing anime cause I've got computer crash and reboot. Found this little reboot prob ( 4 in 1 via patch).

Monday the 7 mars, I decided to reformat My comp and reintall everything of use. But gess what, The little video file crash is still here.

The file I try to read is avi, mpeg, mov, blah,blah,blah all file that A comp can read. Don't have a DVD player yet but it will come.

My spec is :
    atlon XP 2700
    1024 Mb ram
    350 gig rom
    ATI radeon 8500 LE
    OS Windows XP pro English version with all the fu**ing patch from Microsoft
    the rest is no mater.
    So got a better idea...

The fact is that I am really piss off and each time this crash appear, I want to smach the screen or the box with all my might. Even I am not sure, But my comp is not this bad. Don't really sure if it is a hardware prob, but if this is the case, I'll buy another pc & store this bad boy in the closer and assing him the server task.
    Coming soon.........

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Granted that VIA isn't the most stable chipset for thunderbird/barton Athlon CPU (the Nforce 2 is the most stable). You could also be running out of resources in low (the first 640K) of memory. Try removing all the resident startup application that aren't absolutely necessary from your taskbar...

Also, any kind of overclocking, or for that matter, a bad or borderline failing memory DIMM, or even system overheating (dust bunnies??) could cause these symptoms.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast