Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: video crash alert

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    I had a little video card fan prob but the mather is closed.

No overclocking in progress. Not that I could do it, But my system fullfill my daily task.
    I also perform a montly cleanup of my case box. Oil for fan and presure air for the little dust cloud .
    Coming soon.........

Newbie hsoto13 may be famous one day hsoto13 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    You can also try to do a system restore to a date previous to when the problem started...you will loose any software you downloaded or intalled in the computer after that day but at least it will help.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    after much research i believe i have located the source of your error.

you either have a bad connection to one or your dimm's or one of your dimm's is going bad and is starting to act "Flakey"

this was difficult to reproduce the error but i finnaly did it.

if you have any spare ram lying around try replacing the ram that is in your system. this should fix the problem. if it doesn't you have another posible issue

(thanks to technoguy of tech.forums.elite for the info)

the other posible problem arrises from the fact that VIA chipsets (ethernet, sound, video, etc.) are produced to provide optimal performance for intel CPU's. this means that while they will work with Anthlon/AMD CPU's they will not provide optimal performance and tend to act "Flakey" if pushed to the limits of their ability. the solution to this would be to buy a new video card (PCI or, if your computer has an AGP slot, AGP) and put it in your case. this will cause the bios to automatically disable the VIA Video and assign the resources to the expansion card. then you load the drivers and you're ready to go!

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider2004
    the other posible problem arrises from the fact that VIA chipsets (ethernet, sound, video, etc.) are produced to provide optimal performance for intel CPU's. this means that while they will work with Anthlon/AMD CPU's they will not provide optimal performance and tend to act "Flakey" if pushed to the limits of their ability. the solution to this would be to buy a new video card (PCI or, if your computer has an AGP slot, AGP) and put it in your case. this will cause the bios to automatically disable the VIA Video and assign the resources to the expansion card. then you load the drivers and you're ready to go!
    Sound interesting, Thank for the research. But is there a way to force the bios to disable the via. Cause I'm not really ready to change my videocard. By flashing/updating the bios, could this fix the prob in a way???
    Coming soon.........

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    DO NOT FLASH THE BIOS!!!!!!!!

this will not cause anything good to happen and will most likely cause many bad things to happen.

as to forcing the disable you can do it but you will need to have another videocard ready as the integrated video will not work any more. you need to look at the startup messages when the computer starts. there will be a message that says something like "press [name of key] to enter setup"

press the key indicated and you will be brought to the bios setup program. DONOT CHANGE VALUES THAT YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT THEY DO!!! this can cause lots of trouble and possibly fry your MoBo or your CPU. somewhere there will be an option to disable or enable integrated peripherals. look around it could be well hidden, lots of different manufacurers do things differently...

if you are unsure about what you are doing it would be a good idea to go to your local community college or simmilar and go to the computer center, walk into a computer class and say : "can someone fix my computer? i will pay in cheetos."(make sure you have at least one bag of cheetos on hand, the geeks will become unhappy if you donot pay as promised. you donot want them to become unhappy while they are fixing your computer) this will cause any number of knowledgable colege students to offer to help. accept the help of the student with a laptop in the class and alot of wrappers from the vending machine food, he (or she) will know exactly how to fix your bios/cmos setup so the integrated video willnot work anymore.

however, 99.9999999999999% of bios's will detect an expansion video card and automatically disable the integrated video automatically so it would be unnesesary to muck about in the bios setup.

Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Thanks
    Very knowlegable Dragonrider2004.... Might take you advise...

Also, It's been a while that I have gone to My old school.
    Coming soon.........

Thanks
    just don't forget the cheetos. we techies are very fond of out snack food and will go to great lengths to get it. you might want to bring som m&m's too incase you get one who dislikes cheetos....

anyway, glad i could help!

Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2