Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Movies Planned

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Video Game Movies Planned

There are some Video Game movies being planned or currently being developed. I'm going to announce them here with a few tidbits included.

Doom- Releasing in October, starring Dwayne Johnson a.k.a. "The Rock" and Karl Urban(The Bourne Supremacy). Here's the plot here... http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=5873 Also, this movie is one of the first(or is the first), to feature a first person camera, as in, when they shoot, you see it from their view or the gun's view. Don't worry, they're not using game footage like house of the dead. Here's the trailer... http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7190&type=wmv

Max Payne- Planned by 20th century FOX, no one has mentioned any actors nor the script/story, but it's been announced.

American Mcgee's Alice- Universal Pictures. Sarah Michelle Gellar(from TV's Buffy series) is starring in this one. No word of the story or who else is playing in it.

Hitman- 20th Century FOX. Starring Vin Diesel as Agent 47, no word on the story or other actors.

Dead or Alive-Veteran Hong Kong director Corey Yuen is behind this flick. It's taking place in China. The release is claimed to be June 2006. Here are the stars....Devon Aoki, Derek Boyer, Sarah Carter, Steve Howey, Kane Kosugi, Natassia Malthe, Matthew Marsden, Kevin Nash, Jaime Pressly, Silvio Simac, Holly Valance, Brian J. White. It's said that the film will include beach volleyball scenes in a nod to DOAX.

X-men 3- May 2006 release. It's supposedly going to be around Hank McCoy(Beast) and scientists finding a cure for the mutants.

Ghost Rider-Columbia Pictures. August 2006 release. Nicolas Cage, Wes Bentley, Eva Mendes, Matt Long, Sam Elliott, Peter Fonda, Donal Logue. Here's the story...http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=7950

Aeon Flux-Paramount Pictures. December 2, 2005 release. Charlize Theron, Marton Csokas, Jonny Lee Miller, Sophie Okonedo, Pete Postlethwaite, Amelia Warner, Caroline Chikezie, Frances McDormand. Here's the plot...http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=5063

Superman Returns-Warner Bros. Pictures. June 2006 release. Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey, James Marsden, Frank Langella, Sam Huntington, Eva Marie Saint, Kal Penn, Parker Posey, Peta Wilson. Here's the story...http://<br /> http://www.comingsoon...ms.php?id=4666

Halo-For now, Microsoft Pictures. Microsoft is still trying to make a deal while also being involved with the movie as much as they can so it won't turn out bad. Only two companies were interested in it, FOX and Universal. What had them interested was a handful of people walking into their offices with Master Chief suits on, laying down the script copies on the table on June 6th. Microsoft hired screenwriter Alex Garland(28 days later, The beach) to write the script. The release will be around the end of 2006 or the begining of 2007. Also, just about anyone could play Master Chief, since his helmet is always on, so their pick on which actor to do so is boundless.

Well, what does everyone think of this lineup of Video game movies?

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Video Game Movies Planned

I think that Devon Aoki is a terrible actor to play Kasumi in the DOA movie, not only does she not look the part but damn it, they're making her wear pants. Thus killing the original concept and design of Kasumi's secondary costume which is what I've seen Aoki wearing in a few shots from the movie that have been circulating around. [/rabid doa fanboy rant]

Vin Diesel as the Hitman? Eugh... I'm just gonna pretend that The Transporter and its sequal are called Hitman.

Halo's a bit early to tell but I do think it's quite interesting how Microsoft presented their scripts

All the others don't interest me! and X-men is more of a comic brand than Video game, I mean, sure there are games based on X-men but it's a comic based movie for sure. Same with Superman.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BFmastermind
    American Mcgee's Alice- Universal Pictures. Sarah Michelle Gellar(from TV's Buffy series) is starring in this one. No word of the story or who else is playing in it.
    I hate to be the one to tell you this but an "Alice" movie has been rumored since early 2001 and is not going to happen anytime soon. Three different directors have entered the vicinity of this project since the rumor started....Tim Burton, Wes Craven and Paul Anderson (Resident Evil,Event horizon). I personally have searched the web for any small rumors over the years and all i found was that this film is a "shelved project".

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    I think that Devon Aoki is a terrible actor to play Kasumi in the DOA movie, not only does she not look the part but damn it, they're making her wear pants. Thus killing the original concept and design of Kasumi's secondary costume which is what I've seen Aoki wearing in a few shots from the movie that have been circulating around. [/rabid doa fanboy rant]
    The least amount of Clothing she wore in a movie was in 2 fast 2 furious. I was hoping at least she would wear a similar outfit to the one seen in Sin City, but that isn't so. I'm guessing the pants outfit is the kunoichi red pants outfit seen in DOA ultimate?

These 2 don't look slightly similar to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    Vin Diesel as the Hitman? Eugh... I'm just gonna pretend that The Transporter and its sequal are called Hitman.
    Well, luckily Hitman is more of gunfighting than fist fighting, so Vin Diesel Should know what he's doing in that department, Triple X proved that.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BFmastermind
    The least amount of Clothing she wore in a movie was in 2 fast 2 furious. I was hoping at least she would wear a similar outfit to the one seen in Sin City, but that isn't so. I'm guessing the pants outfit is the kunoichi red pants outfit seen in DOA ultimate?
    Nope, You know her default costume, with the blue top and white leggings? The pictures that I've seen her in are the second variation of that where it's a light pink or white (depending if you're playing DOA2 or DOA3) with some red. Just with loose pants instead of leggings. If I still had that picture I would post it.

These 2 don't look slightly similar to you?
    Not really, but I am picky. I'd also like to mention Devon has no rack, whereas Kasumi is fully loaded.

Edit: here's a picture compairison to furthermore mock devons lack of a bust size.

Yes, I'm an asshole.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

A Halo movie? *shudders*

I don't know about you all, but I would've thought Hollywood learned it's lesson about Video game movies in the late 80s early 90s. I mean, Mario Bros., Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter? Those were some pretty lame movies, and I don't think they'll be able to pull off these movies either. My opinion about video game movies: Games were meant to be played, not watched, don't let Hollywood ruin a good thing.

And as for X-men, they were a comic book LONG before they were a game, along with Superman, so I think it's only fair to omit those two from the "gaming" movies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    I hate to be the one to tell you this but an "Alice" movie has been rumored since early 2001 and is not going to happen anytime soon. Three different directors have entered the vicinity of this project since the rumor started....Tim Burton, Wes Craven and Paul Anderson (Resident Evil,Event horizon). I personally have searched the web for any small rumors over the years and all i found was that this film is a "shelved project".
    It was announced in an Official Xbox Magazine(August 2005 issue). That the movie is currently under development and it is coming out. I don't know what their sources are, but hopefully they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I mean, Mario Bros., Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter? Those were some pretty lame movies
    I'll agree with 2 of them, but Mortal Kombat was a really good adaptation and it really did well in the box office. The sequel, on the other hand, had a good story tht stuck to the game, but the acting was so horrible(because they switched the actors) that it really took away from the movie and made it mediocre.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Well still, I think that the only video game movie that might be decent, is Max Paine, maybe Hitman. I mean Max Paine seemed to have enough personality for a movie, but Halo and Doom and DOA sound risky, especially if the acting's bad, and the visuals are half-ass.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast