Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Movies Planned

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Video Game Movies Planned

I have to agree with Raven, and BFM we had this chat before about Aoki as Kasumi before saying she's is not a perfect fit. If you are going to talk about acting, there are a lot more ladies who is better. Maybe they will have to CG her body

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    I have to agree with Raven, and BFM we had this chat before about Aoki as Kasumi before saying she's is not a perfect fit. If you are going to talk about acting, there are a lot more ladies who is better. Maybe they will have to CG her body

We previously talked about her physical "features" in comparison to kasumi, not her acting skills. Actually, I really don't know that much about her acting skills because she's only had 1 or 2 lines in each of the movies I've seen her in(2 fast 2 furious, Sin City), and I never watched D.E.B.S., so I wouldn't know anything about her acting skills that much.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I mean since it's a "flick" acting is not really a factor in movies like these

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks

honestly, i think devon aoki is ugly. from the moment i saw her on the billboards for 2 fast 2 furious i was about to throw up. her face looks like it got smashed from the front. yes, terribly superficial of me, but what do you expect from a doa movie - it definitely isn't her intellectual side.

unfortunately, it seems like kasumi is a difficult character to have someone real to portray. her face seriously looks like a teenager and she's supposed to have a huge rack along with it. i think there's no one in hollywood that can pull off the kasumi look. probably someone in asia could do it, but the actress' english would definitely be lacking.

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

Heh. From all those I'll propably be interested in Max Payne, Hitman, Halo and American McGee's Alice (if done well). And add DOA to the list if the fanservice's been done well.

Max Payne should be all well (even with the original storyline), although I still can't overcome the shock that Max Payne isn't Sami Järvi (Sam Lake in the credits and in the manual (^_^)) no more as of Max Payne 2. Just after looking at his face for five years it just felt and still feels wrong to have a different face as Max Payne. I just hope the one who will act him in the movie will have a MP'ish look.

As of looking at Vin Diesel's face, he looks a bit wrong as of for Agent 47. He's got a bit of a hispanic face as 47 has a bit more Nordic/European face with a high forehead - although that's not a crucial issue, since they aren't completely differently-looking. I hope the script won't mutilate 47's image.

Halo is a mystery. It'll be up to the fight scenes, dialogue or the overall visuals to keep people watching the movie, because there should be no problems with the story after Halo, Halo 2 and the novels (lots of stuff to leech).

American McGee's Alice is interesting, since the design of the game was pretty much impressive. I just hope they won't make it 'kiddy-safe', since it is clearly not intended for such age groups. But I think money will talk, as it always has.

Doom's an action movie with no originality. But hey, who cares for the rabbit as the name is Doom and it might as well have a chainsaw in it (^_^)? I'll take a look at it when it becomes rentable, but I won't spend 10 bucks in a movie theater for it.

And, DOA... it'll fit the same category as Doom, propably not something to watch in the theater. But if it'll have something watchable, I'll watch it - on DVD.
    人生フゥ~!!!

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

American Mcgee's Alice- Universal Pictures. Sarah Michelle Gellar(from TV's Buffy series) is starring in this one. No word of the story or who else is playing in it.
    I'm so disappointed in this choice for Alice. I heard about this awhile ago, SMG is a mediocore actress at best. Didn't they learn from The Grudge that she isn't suited for these types of movies? *Sigh* It should be some unknown British chick. I would love to see this game become a movie, but at the same time I dread it.

Newbie Aiselin may be famous one day Aiselin may be famous one day Aiselin's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with the above post... Its a bad choice for Alice, anyone who has played the game should know that she shouldn't be in the movie...

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

Mein gott, I agree as well. It does do damage to it as long as SMG doesn't change her style radically. And then, what's the age of Alice - looking at the game it seemed like she was about fifteen? A fully grown-up looking person just doesn't fit in my mind. But if SMG can pull off an image like on the American McGee's Alice's cover (the image where she's holding the knife with a nice look in her eyes) and make it look well, I'll consider watching it a bit more.
    人生フゥ~!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast