Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: video games

Otaku Big Money Champion hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13's Avatar
    Thanks

video games

im writing a persuasive paper in english and i was wondering what you thought. the topic is Should children play video games? does it improve hand eye coordination, perceptive awareness, or reflexes? tell me what you think.
    Why is everything so ****ing hard for me? Keep me down to what you think I should be! Must you tempt me and provoke the ministry? Keep on trying I'm not dying so easily!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: video games

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not really a debate topic thread... Moving to Sensory Pleasures...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

video games aren't nessecarily good for people....if you play them for to long it can cause starain in your head and in your eyes. it may help your reaction time a little. in my opinion, on the DDR games are good for you because it's exercise and you need good reaction time for it
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

meh, sort of. It depends on what kind of games you play. Personally I think some games help build vocabulary, it really depends.

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

There probably are some benefits to playing video games, I've never really looked into it. Unfortunately it seems only the adverse effects are the ones widely publicized. I did a quick Google search on "benefits to video games" and some things did come up such as the following links.

Computer games 'do have benefits'
    We Have to Operate, but Let's Play First (this one is pretty interesting, seeing that Atlus not so long ago made a game about surgery)
    Thinking and Learning Skills Potentially Developed...

Well I'm sure there are more, you can find on your own, just make sure the information you read is relatively current and from a reputable source (which I'm not so sure of the 3rd link there..). Though, I find it hard to believe that RPG's (some of which have enough text to make a novel or two, and may be more engaging to children or people with ADD) and Puzzle games (Indeed, Resident Evil does contain some puzzles, but I'm thinking more along the lines of Myst and such) do not have any brain stimulating effects. But of course, you can have too much of a good thing.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

I read in a newspaper awhile ago that video games actually make people smarter. They help stimulate the brain and make people learn to solve problems easier.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

They have their pros and cons, video games can definately help you think and improve coordination. On the flipside i think that kids should spend more time participating in outdoor activities like sports, playing with friends, Hell....even read, how about that?

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    They have their pros and cons, video games can definately help you think and improve coordination. On the flipside i think that kids should spend more time participating in outdoor activities like sports, playing with friends, Hell....even read, how about that?

I agree with my buddy narrator. Video games are just like sweets. You shouldnt have too much.

It's up to the parents to see that their child(ren) are not playing as many games, instead doing something constructive.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast