Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: video games

Newbie AngeleticDreamer may be famous one day AngeleticDreamer may be famous one day AngeleticDreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: video games

Yes the gory doesnt faze me at all but when a game is in great detail and something pops out of no where i tend to be perplexed

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, horror games are one of the reason i play video games, if you like the Silent Hill games than you may also like a game called "Alone on the Dark: The new Nightmare" for the Dreamcast, it also has a lot of scenes that are pretty scary, lots of unidentified screams, sudden disturbing flashes, Dark athmosphere(literally). Yep, its defenetly a Dreamcast classic.

Otaku fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai's Avatar
    Thanks

i think games is good cos it definately helps with reflexes like in the fighting games.
    Signature exceeds limits and has been deleted by Hassun

Newbie Commander Renxaru may be famous one day Commander Renxaru may be famous one day Commander Renxaru's Avatar
    Thanks

My 5 year old brother has been playing Xbox scince he was about 3 he usally beats me at Soul Calibur II
    THERE IS A WARRIOR THAT LIVES IN DEEP SPACE THAT PROTECTS THE COLONYS OF APHELION

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

It's the kids decision. If they want to I say let 'em.

Otaku Suzy may be famous one day Suzy may be famous one day Suzy's Avatar
    In Puerto Rico the stinkiest place on earth.^~^
    Thanks

Like N...O. I play video games sice 3 years but like samuray dude it depends in the child and its parents.
    '' Death, cruelty, murder the things i have hate forever, Life is like a test with a limited time'' And doesnt have any sign''
    I wish i could help you but i make things worst, by liken you

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyuuga13
    im writing a persuasive paper in english and i was wondering what you thought. the topic is Should children play video games? does it improve hand eye coordination, perceptive awareness, or reflexes? tell me what you think.
    As a parent I have some experience with this.

We used games to teach our oldest right and left (go right now, now left). He also learned to count and read... but we used games intended for that purpose. You have to keep in mind every game is made for a pupose (besides just making money), some are created to educate, some to puzzle or make you think, some to simply entertain, and yet others to scare or use violence/sex to attract. Recognize the purpose because that is what your child will get out of it. Children are especially suseptable to messages in what they see and experience even if it's not the one you intended.

Basically games are a tool. I let my son play with his educational software for hours and he progresses quickly. Eyehand co-ordination, problem solving, reading, counting, even map work (he's currently learning how to use a compass). But he is restricted to 1 hour when playing games that are purely entertainment because all he gets from that is 1 hour of entertainment and eye strain. Then he goes and rides his bike.

Oh, and the ratings system is a big help with this. Alot of (E) games will have some kind of educational purpose. They used to make (1-6yrs) games and those were almost always educational. Even if they're not you know you're safe with a (E) on it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie SidtheGreat may be famous one day SidtheGreat may be famous one day SidtheGreat's Avatar
    Thanks

Basically games are a tool. I let my son play with his educational software for hours and he progresses quickly. Eyehand co-ordination, problem solving, reading, counting, even map work (he's currently learning how to use a compass). But he is restricted to 1 hour when playing games that are purely entertainment because all he gets from that is 1 hour of entertainment and eye strain. Then he goes and rides his bike.

That's a good system one i would prolly us if i had kids, but i also agree with samuri and suzy.
    You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.”
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47016476
    http://www.myspace.com/sid_the_great

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3