Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are video games training the next generation of solider?

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are video games training the next generation of solider?

Well not all games are good for training the millitary and Halo 2 is overrated
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Not really.Wrong ideas r being encouraged by those who play

Newbie trigger ghost may be famous one day trigger ghost may be famous one day trigger ghost's Avatar
    Thanks

video games i agree with helping a basic knowledge on how something is done, but i also highly disagree with it as well. a firstperson shooter game doesnt have morals nor judgement. in a reality situation where one is faced with actually pulling the trigger depends on the person themselves. even highly trained soldiers hesitate from time to time. vidoegames are fun yes but they lack jams in the guns. some people may be shooken up when the first round comes flying past your head and some may not. so yes i will have to disagree with anytype of game or sim with helping out much in the soldiers.
    The Unnoticed doing the impossible for the ungreatful, the infantry way of life

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

it depends...
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trigger ghost
    video games i agree with helping a basic knowledge on how something is done, but i also highly disagree with it as well. a firstperson shooter game doesnt have morals nor judgement. in a reality situation where one is faced with actually pulling the trigger depends on the person themselves. even highly trained soldiers hesitate from time to time. vidoegames are fun yes but they lack jams in the guns. some people may be shooken up when the first round comes flying past your head and some may not. so yes i will have to disagree with anytype of game or sim with helping out much in the soldiers.
    I will have to disagree with you because games are use to train us.{I am in JAM=Junior Army}We put on suits,not normal one because if you get shoot in the game it hurts like hell, that you part you are hit depending where you are hit can make you hurt every time you move you leg or arm.The guns are fake but they have recoil{And they will jam ever now and then}. It is just a big area and there are screens about every where. The team, just goes in and we do a saved a person or take out a target out. It is fun if you don't get hit. But if you get hit is like a hell.
    Perfection is dull

Otaku Big Money Champion hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe that they are. even now there are programs that do train soldiers with video games. i see nothin wrong with using games to train soldiers.
    Why is everything so ****ing hard for me? Keep me down to what you think I should be! Must you tempt me and provoke the ministry? Keep on trying I'm not dying so easily!

Newbie preston drake may be famous one day preston drake may be famous one day preston drake's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that video games are nothing like real life and that they thereforre could not prepare us for the future. unless a squad of zombies is going to take over like in resident evil i dont think games like this could really help us at all. althought the fact that a squad of zombies could never take over the ovberall point is that there is no way a game could prepare you for anything but give you faster reflexes in your fingers.

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by preston drake
    i think that video games are nothing like real life and that they thereforre could not prepare us for the future. unless a squad of zombies is going to take over like in resident evil i dont think games like this could really help us at all. althought the fact that a squad of zombies could never take over the ovberall point is that there is no way a game could prepare you for anything but give you faster reflexes in your fingers.
    Yes but sometimes if you train alot.You start thinking you can't died because some guys get something in there head.That couldn't died because they never died in the game{Training}they just get wounded. And when we were allow to finily get to pracitive with real guns these guys were about to shot eachother because they hate eachother and they thought they wouldn't died.Which is mess up.
    Perfection is dull

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast