Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Are video games training the next generation of solider?

Newbie trigger ghost may be famous one day trigger ghost may be famous one day trigger ghost's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are video games training the next generation of solider?

Quote:

I will have to disagree with you because games are use to train us.{I am in JAM=Junior Army}We put on suits,not normal one because if you get shoot in the game it hurts like hell, that you part you are hit depending where you are hit can make you hurt every time you move you leg or arm.The guns are fake but they have recoil{And they will jam ever now and then}. It is just a big area and there are screens about every where. The team, just goes in and we do a saved a person or take out a target out. It is fun if you don't get hit. But if you get hit is like a hell.

well i will have to agree to a point on the simulation factor of that suit thingy, but will have to disagree at the same time. i am an active infantryman, thats why i disagree with it. simulators dont simulate the straining mountain climbing and sudden shockwave from a rocket attack. nor do they simulate the cracking sound of the bullet as it skims by. half the time when someone gets shot through combat they hardly noticed at first because the addrenaline that runs through your veins when it happens, sometimes the pain from others is so unbearable it hurts.
    lol room clearing is one of my favorite things to do, never tried it on a simulator tho. would have to give that one a try someday. differences with reality and screenplay on that i guess would have to be the obstacles and the actual will power of the person to charge in and not lock up if faced with the enemy. then again i never tried screenplay so couldnt really say on it
    The Unnoticed doing the impossible for the ungreatful, the infantry way of life

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are video games training the next generation of solider?

Quote Originally Posted by trigger ghost
    Quote:

I will have to disagree with you because games are use to train us.{I am in JAM=Junior Army}We put on suits,not normal one because if you get shoot in the game it hurts like hell, that you part you are hit depending where you are hit can make you hurt every time you move you leg or arm.The guns are fake but they have recoil{And they will jam ever now and then}. It is just a big area and there are screens about every where. The team, just goes in and we do a saved a person or take out a target out. It is fun if you don't get hit. But if you get hit is like a hell.

well i will have to agree to a point on the simulation factor of that suit thingy, but will have to disagree at the same time. i am an active infantryman, thats why i disagree with it. simulators dont simulate the straining mountain climbing and sudden shockwave from a rocket attack. nor do they simulate the cracking sound of the bullet as it skims by. half the time when someone gets shot through combat they hardly noticed at first because the addrenaline that runs through your veins when it happens, sometimes the pain from others is so unbearable it hurts.
    lol room clearing is one of my favorite things to do, never tried it on a simulator tho. would have to give that one a try someday. differences with reality and screenplay on that i guess would have to be the obstacles and the actual will power of the person to charge in and not lock up if faced with the enemy. then again i never tried screenplay so couldnt really say on it
    Clearing a room is one of the simulators but it is not for us.It is for some other team.I get no clue which team.And I know what you said because when we were training with the real guns half the time we were lost and scare.And the other half we were target practives because in the simulator they forget to fix the gravity thing.

And about the thing I said that is mess up is because it is mess up no matter how much training you take, you shouldn't forget that you can died and that you can kill someone with a gun.Maybe if you were high maybe then it is understanded.I think.It doesn't matter these guys were kick out{They were using drugs because they said that the training was killing them and the drugs help.Not the normal drugs civil use.You should know because many army poeple of be kick out and some use them in the army.They are keen of painkillers but in a whole diffenert level.

P.S. What parts have you been put?{To gurand or what ever} And I forget to tell you.I suck spelling, good thing the drill seg doesn't know because we take test. And will I{and the rest of the guys}have to still take tests in the Army because we do in JAM?Like taicties, plans, history{I love it}and some other crap that is hard. I just want to know.
    Perfection is dull

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5