Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Violent Video Games

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    very good point. but most parents dont care anyways. kinda sad really i mean my mom knows that i wont go out and kill someone just becuase i liked the game halo or gta 3. but most parents dont care. its kinda funny really my mom plays most of my games and she loves them but she also tells me something like, "you ever do this and im going to kill you" or something, but she knows im mature, lol but she wont let my little sister in the room if im playing a game like that. kinda weird but most parents are just like, "yeah my sons alone right now and im sure hes not doing anything wrong." while their 13 year old son is sitting in the bathroom smoking pot and shooting up heroin or something gay like that. its just kinda sad you know?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    The violence isssue will never make a law until they can legitmatly prove it otherwise in a relevant scientific study.

Storeowners hesitate to not give a younger customer a M rated game cuz they could lose the customer or have another one come along and say something like, "you let him get one but not me?" and before you know it you're in some stupid sueing situation over a stupid $50 game.

Someone sued the creators of Mortal Kombat in the early 90s, and lost because they had no proof the violence in the game caused the kid to go crazy.

It like how smoking was in the 70s and 60s. Store owners didn't care if you bought cigarettes under age, everyone was doing it, but until research proved that cigarette smoke can cause cancer and kill you, the government did little to enforce the law. Is the violence issue really any different? not really.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm a little curious.

Isn't it hypocritical to get mad because parents "don't care" and then get mad because the ones that do, want legislation that will help them be better parents?

Just wondering.

It seems to me that ethical stores would welcome this as well in order to have a legal basis to tell someone no instead of having to rely on store policy.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    I did hear that and its a cryin shame. I head about some kid that shot up a school and he was playing a violent game, people please why would a game make you want to kill someone. the kid was plain old crazy. Do not ban violent video games. NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Once a guy tried to kill someone,he was dressed like like Squall, i mean how can that be, final fantasy isn't violent,(i think he was a bit crazy).

But the most violent game is Manhunt, yeah Manhunt!!!!!!!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whitec
    I did hear that and its a cryin shame. I head about some kid that shot up a school and he was playing a violent game, people please why would a game make you want to kill someone. the kid was plain old crazy. Do not ban violent video games. NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!

Laws don't want to BAN video games, they want to restrict games rated M for it's proposed age group. Not ban them completely.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Laws don't want to BAN video games, they want to restrict games rated M for it's proposed age group. Not ban them completely.
    Actually like a year ago there was some european country that passed a law with very vaguely writtingdescription's and accidently Banned all video games.

Of course it was re-written with the proper exceptions a few months later, but hey, if they wanted to, they can.

Thanks
    Really? Wow, not that wouldn't suck, but that's just kinda funny. lol I don't think America would let it slide, it'd probaly "mess up our economy" if we banned all video games...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast