Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: Violent Video Games

Otaku Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267's Avatar
    Thanks
    I mean like the title of my post says if you dont want your kids to play those kind of games dont let them by em, and if they do ground them dont punish other kids worldwide just because its violent.

For example, im 14, and i went to Game stop to attemt to buy Doom 3 and they wouldnt sell it to me because im a "minor" but i went to EB games and they sold it to me no problum. i mean its ridculus and games dont cause kids who kill people its parents who neglect their kids that do. All the games do is give them ideas on how to be violent and most of the time it dosnt even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I'm not offended. I knew I should have explained what I meant by "I would also say you have just illustrated why those parents are concerned."

Sorry, not doing well lately.

My point was that You preceded to say that:
    1. By the time someone is 13 they should know what is right and wrong such as stealing a car or shooting someone.
    2. We should stop blaming the parents but if a kid shoots someone they messed up.
    3. There's nothing wrong with kids playing games that teach them about sex because they will learn about it eventually anyway.
    4. Maybe it will go over their head.
    5. Parents don't need to know what their kids are buying because yours didn't know what you were doing anyway.
    6. A parent should trust their 14/15 yr old to decide on their own.

I think that was everything.

When I said that "I would also say you have just illustrated why those parents are concerned." I was speaking of your post as a whole rather just the end. Your response,
    Only illustrates my point further as you claim it's just entertainment and that that is how some people veiw sex. That is why parents don't want their kids playing M-rated games, why they do want to know what they are playing, and why some of them are pushing for legislation. Because they don't want their kids to think of sex and massmurder as entertainment!

As for my freinds, whether you like it or not what you watch and "play" is not only a reflection of your values but does impact your personality and attitudes. My "friends" have problems because they allowed "entertainment" to affect how they believed the world and relationships worked. It happened to them between the ages of 13-18, the same ages you are saying they should be capable of making a decision for themselves. The fact is that they didn't know, and the ones who didn't have a better rolemodel fell for the "image" hook-line-and-sinker. Now, half of the girls are unwed mothers and the guys are either leches or antisocial hermits with no life.

So now I have a question for you. What part of "M" rated sex and violence is "teaching them properly" about life?
    That is exacly my point of parents dont want their kids to buy "m" games dont let them have money to freely spend, keep it and buy them things to that amount
    Icy cold Toilet Paper!!!!

Newbie Havoktacticalnuke may be famous one day Havoktacticalnuke may be famous one day Havoktacticalnuke's Avatar
    Thanks
    all I have to say is that life is violent, kids are gonna experience it one way or another, whether they watch their dog get hit by a car, they watch tv (which is pretty damn violent), watch faces of death or do anything, they are bound to find violence.

Newbie TekkenMaster15 may be famous one day TekkenMaster15 may be famous one day TekkenMaster15's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm fourteen, and I play violent videogames. I don't think they should make it illegal for 13 or 14 year olds, or 16 or 17 year olds. It should be illegal For 11 and under there the only ones still affected by videogames really, I mean when you look at tv there's almost nothin' but violence, and the violence in real shows looks real. So instead of making violent videogames illegal, they should really be trying to do something about todays tv.

Otaku deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess's Avatar
    i came from a place no one has ever gone..
    Thanks
    people nowadays,,well you just dont understand them. They sell these forbidden things and later they forbid us...
    Yah, its totally bulls-!+...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7